Brainstorm......

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
This band kicked what little ass I had left from Tad Morose's onslaught at Prog Power. They are pure German power metal with some thrash influences and don't have the charisma and musicality of Tad Morose, but if you like heavy power metal (not much silly cliche's but nothing very inventive either) with a good vocalist and powerful music, this band may be for you.

Bryant

Igor go to:

http://truemetal.org/brainstorm/web.htm under the "music" section or to their label www.metalblade.com

Bryant...if you liked Brainstorm you should definately check out Symphorce www.symphorce.net (they have a few mp3's to check out there) Andy's other band. You will be pleasantly surprised, it sounds nothing like Brainstorm...the music is more complex and not so Euro-power oriented (not that it's a bad thing, but you get my drift :) )

Brainstorm are AMAZING! I first heard about them a lil over a yera ago and picked up their latest album "Soul Temptation". It knocked me completely off my feet and was in my top 5 albums of 2003 (along with Grave Digger, King Diamond, Dimmu Borgir, and Helloween). I saw Brainstorm live at their first ever American show this past June at the Brave Words and Bloody Knuckles 6 Pack Weekend II in Cleveland, Ohio. Live they were absolutely astonishing and the power and energy were at levels unheard of. A great band who is very grateful for their American audience. I suggest for anyone who likes true heavy metal to check them out.

Other great bands along the lines of this to check out are Tad Morose, Edguy, Thunderstone, and Sonata Arctica.

Pabla said:
Igor go to:

http://truemetal.org/brainstorm/web.htm under the "music" section or to their label www.metalblade.com

Bryant...if you liked Brainstorm you should definately check out Symphorce www.symphorce.net (they have a few mp3's to check out there) Andy's other band. You will be pleasantly surprised, it sounds nothing like Brainstorm...the music is more complex and not so Euro-power oriented (not that it's a bad thing, but you get my drift :) )
I like Brainstorm :) and I saw a copy of Symphorce - Twice Second at the Music store knowing it was Andy's other band so I bought it And I got Far more than I expected and I was as you put it Pleasently surprised ... I am Still digging into it but thats a good thing theres alot there to dig into :D So Yeah Like Pabla said Bryant Check them out!:wave: :headbang:

Sweet JD! :D "Twice Second" is one of my fav releases for the year 2004, a very varied solid album :headbang: glad to hear you were able to pick it up and enjoying. :headbang:

Pabla said:
Sweet JD! :D "Twice Second" is one of my fav releases for the year 2004, a very varied solid album :headbang: glad to hear you were able to pick it up and enjoying. :headbang:
its an awsome Record its got those pound you into the ground heavy Riffs yet still with Andy's soaring vocals ... at the Moment I have to get more Symphorce!!!!!!! Thank you Pabla for mentioning them a few dozen times :D I may have passed right by them otherwise:headbang: