Brave Murder May Bracket B: Voting/Evisceration

Well lets conclude it then with 64. Since Nad, Ellestin, and Einride, all seem to be done with it. DarkGift disappeared leaving us with Vola, Max didnt vote last time, and Ken had to drag Swizzle back from FB to cast his.

No point continuing when only 3-4 people are enthusiastic over it. My take is that this tourney could pump some life into this corpse forum and keep it going at least for a small stint until we all lose interest. Especially considering that if one happens to post a reco thread one is lucky to get 1-2 replies. Yea I honestly dont even know. Like Ive said before, "What are we all doing here?" That goes for the forum and the tourney. I'm not here for pen pals, no offense, as great as you cats come off. Maybe it's a small flame of nostalgia that with a little elbow grease and some attentiveness, this forum could be somewhat respectable and alive as it once was. I'll post the remaining 32 come July and we'll wrap it up.

Just dont post any threads in 2022 entitled, "Where is everyone?"

The tournaments are fun and the positive is that they make us listen to each other's music instead of just opening the thread, saying "WTH is that!?" and moving on. I think we just need to be careful not to overdo it.

I also don't think the tournaments are necessary to RC's survival. This place has been doing pretty well since last Fall and we weren't doing this back then. Of course, we might just have different standards for what "active" means. But I think things have been going pretty well.

Reactions: einride
Based on the recos, im gonna be getting some taake.

Its also opened my eyes to things i need to steer clear of like daughters, btb&m and black magic ss

So the tourney works

Reactions: Krilons Resa
The first Taake album is Top Tier Black Metal. I would put it up against the classics we all know and/or love.

EDIT: Actually tbh* it's probably my second favoUrite black metal album ever, right behind Bergtatt.

*pronounced THHHHHFFFFFFBBBBPPPP

guy peaked early, to be sure

nattestid (1999) is one of the last vanguards of Ye Olde Magick, like a requiem for and conclusion to the norwegian so called second wave

Last edited:
I get random riffs stuck in my head a lot and I have to track them down. They stay there for months on end if I don't figure them out.
my brain is constantly playing "troops of doom" by sepultura
I often hear the loose tom mic / drum head from that album, but I think that's just my hearing damage.

Torture Chain I
Nokturnal Mortum VIIII

Ultra Silvam VII
Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult II

Mystras IIII
Vektor VI

Hallas VI
Nile IIII

Acid Witch VIIII
ArchGoat I

Between the Buried & Me VI
Slechtvalk III

Blood Incantation V
Sabbat V

Thy Darkened Shade VIII
Lake of Blood I

Black Magick II
Ofermod VIII

Vemod VIIII
Funeral Mist I

Obsequiae VI
Elder IIII

Summoning VI
Alcest IIII

Ihsahn II
Taake VIII

Daughters IIII
Panegyrist V

Dead Congregation VI
Stargazer IIII

Kayo Dot VIIII
Vola

I'll close the voting at 5pm PT tmrw. Got one tie that needs to be broken.

Here's what I could do:

Torture Chain vs. Nokturnal Mortum
-
Mystras vs. Vektor
Hallas vs. Nile
-
BtBaM vs. Slechtvalk
-
-
-
Vemod vs. Funeral Mist
Obsequiae vs. Elder
Summoning vs. Alcest
Ihsahn vs. Taake
Daughters vs. Panegyrist
-
Kayo Dot vs. VOLGINA

Some horrific roman numeral mistakes going on there, Jez :lol: Please start using American Freedom Numbers instead!

Lulz VIIII instead of IX? Yea I had my finger on the I button with two windows open jotting back and forth, couldnt be arsed further . Wasnt trying to Roman it, just make it visually legible as opposed to IiIIIIIII. @V.V.V.V.V.

@Opeth17

Josh break the tie when ye can eh? No rush

@Hell Mike

Sorry matey, legit tallied this up half ass while doing some excel shart at work. Close enough. ArchGoat adios.

Anything semi close, feel free to dbl check. I went through LAUSD, where kids were more concerned with avoiding suspensions than learning arithmetic.

FINAL TALLY

Torture Chain I
Nokturnal Mortum X

Ultra Silvam VII
Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult II

Mystras V
Vektor VI

Hallas VI
Nile V

Acid Witch IX
ArchGoat I

Between the Buried & Me VI
Slechtvalk IV

Blood Incantation V (Tie Breaker Pending)
Sabbat V

Thy Darkened Shade VIII
Lake of Blood I

Black Magick II
Ofermod VIII

Vemod X
Funeral Mist I

Obsequiae VII
Elder IV

Summoning VII
Alcest IV

Ihsahn II