May 4, 2003
San Diego, CA
www.mpp.org
Face value = $17.50
Building facility charge = $2.00
Convenience charge = $6.85
Processing charge = $3.75

Total charges = $30.10

Yes, it is worth $30 to see Opeth, but I'd certainly like for them to receive the extra money. This is almost a 100% markup on the price! I guess I can only look at it as a $13 charge to make sure I don't arrive at the venue and see a sold-out sign!

buzz21 said:
Face value = $17.50
Building facility charge = $2.00
Processing charge = $3.75

Total charges = $30.10

Yes, it is worth $30 to see Opeth, but I'd certainly like for them to receive the extra money. This is almost a 100% markup on the price! I guess I can only look at it as a $13 charge to make sure I don't arrive at the venue and see a sold-out sign!

Which show are you going to? :)

buzz21 said:
Something I recently noticed about ticketmaster is they increase the "convnience" charge as the show gets closer. I'm also going to the LA show and the "convenience" charge was $5.50 when I got my ticket a couple weeks ago.

what convenience? of not driving one mile or 2 to the local ticketmaster outlet at a store where you save a few dollars, I don't understand. You would think it would be better for them if you did it from your computer. oh well. :)

Rather than piss people off with their bullshit charges, they should just charge more for the actual ticket and take their cut out from that. I don't want to see "convenience charge" on there, what the hell is that supposed to mean anyway?