Breakin the F'n Law!!!

RushAss

His Lord High Stinkyness
Feb 24, 2004
New Jersey
www.celeritycomm.net
This was posted at DT.net, but thought it would be amusing for those here who missed it.

I can't believe I didn't mention this here until now.

on 3/12/04 Friday night, I was on my way down to work on stuff with my Keyboard player. When I got off the parkway, I had to cross a highway at a traffic light. So I go through the light and traffic piles up in front of me so I knida got stranded in the intersection. Now I was most of the way through and not really blocking any traffic, but I still got pulled over by a police cruiser for running a red light. They then tell me to get out of the car and proceed to search me. As it turns out, I had an unpaid parking ticket from 2000 and there was a warrant out for my arrest, so I was cuffed, put into the cruiser, and taken to the police station!! I had to pay my own bail which was $40.00. I had 41 on me. They held me for an hour and filled out all these forms then took me back to my car. Now I have never been arrested before but the cops where civil to me. They knew it was only a stinkin parking ticket and they didn't treat me like a criminal or anything. In fact, we where joking about it to and from the station. I wasn't really emberrassed, I thought it was kinda comical. I even took my leather jacket off so it would be easier to cuff me. I was wearing my Odin's Court shirt and the officer remarked that he thought it funny that I was wearing a shirt that said "court" on it

Now I can say I've been arrested.

The one thing that pisses me off about all this is that you can be arrested in the State of New Jersey for leaving a $40 parking ticket unpaid. I think that's a bit excessive, don't you? :ill:

Great story!

That is pretty lame that they can arrest you for an outstanding parking ticket - especially since there are other crimes that are happening that are much more serious. I hope you don't have aspirations to join the FBI - they won't let you in if you've been arrested one time.

See, this is the kind of controversy we need to get our band name out there. :lol: