Breaking news for Metallica fans . . .

Remember when Bob Rock took over bass duties and they complained about him smiling too much up on stage? :tickled:

Also, when the therapist started to contribute to the songs themes/lyrics...

That Some Kind of Monster film was ridiculous.

unhinged said:
rick rubin =

danzig ...yay!

j. cash ....yay!

+

REIGN IN BLOOD FOR FUCKS SAKE

HOWS THAT FOR GETTING THE BEST OUT OF AN ARTIST?

I like Rubin, but the days when he did Reign In Blood, he only had 3 rap albums under his belt ... yes Reign in Blood is my favorite disc of all time ... but it's not like anyhting before it put out by Slayer were slouches either, and they were not produced by Rubin ...

I don't know, but I know for a fact this will not be a thrash record ... and knowing Rubins sound, which is so instrument specific and live sounding ... I think he will steer them in a more Load era if anything ... that whole metal Lynrd Skynrd that they are trying to be ... I honestly don't think anything miraculous will come of this.

you could be sadly correct lurch old fellow
but at least it'll sound better

I'm kind of hoping for something generally slower and heavier..thing that should not be, to live is to die type of thing

but I also want to see a unicorn

did you guys ever hear Master Of Reality disc that Rubin did ... that fucker smoked!

yeah, it was their debut ... was on Rubin's label as well ... I need to revisit that disc.

Nad would eat that up if he did not already ...