Breaking news for Metallica fans . . .

The House That Jack Built and Bleeding Me are two of Metallica's better songs as far as I'm concerned. My only problem with Load is when they tried to groove (like on 2x4) and they end up sounding stiff and sterile. Also the fact that every song has one too many verses, but I think that of EVERY Metallica song. :)

Outlaw Torn, Bleeding Me, House that Jack Built etc had a vibe that continued though to Minus Human and No Leaf Clover. I actually thought those two tracks from S&M were excellent.

To be honest, and in hindsight, I would not have minded too much this new album to be full of 'Minus Humans' or 'Houses that Jack Built'. :cool:

Oh well, ho hum.

lurch70 said:
A more apropriate cover ... courtesy of some very talented artist.

:D :D :D :D

StWanker.gif

I shrink Lars dick to 1/2 that size maybe smaller! ;)

"Oh, and by the way, this up-and-coming producer guy named Rick something-or-other has been coming by the studio every now and again to listen to some of our new stuff and throw his two/three cents in.

"Since this Rick dude is new to all of this, we thought it would be a nice gesture to help break him into the music business by asking him to produce our next record. We're very happy he said yes! In other words, we are psyched to share with you that Rick Rubin is producing the next METALLICA album! FUCK YEAH!"

I wonder if RR will help any, or just steer them in a more dry/rock direction ...

Rick Rubin probably won't mean anything

Then again, it could potentially push it a couple notches up not being under the influence of Bob Cock.

well, Rubin is no pushover like Bob Rock, he usually gets his way.

the great thing about Rubin, is that he knows how to get the soul out of the artist, but that may not necesarily be a good thing with Metallica ... or he can be like look, you guys are Metallica, you have a name to live up to.

who knows, but I am glad there was someone new brought in ...

well the good thing is that Rubin actually has a career and will probably not fuck around for a year or more to record this shit ... unlike Bob Rock who had all the time in the world and no next gig to look forward to.

it would be funny to see Rubin pull an Alan Smithee if the album turns out shit ... that would be a first.

I'm looking forward to the new album. I really hope they don't go the St. Anger route again, since let's just say that that albums hasn't gotten a lot of playtime around these parts...

That said, I really like Load/ReLoad! The House Jack Built, Fixxxer, Wasting My Hate, Thorn Within, Carpe Diem Baby, The Unforgiven II (cashgrab DE-FUCKING-LUX!!!!! but still good...), The outlaw Torn, Bleeding Me and so on! That's good stuff!

Rick Rubin is actually going to turn this whole Metallica juggernaut around. HE is the influence they need, the lifeline, the new drug to fill their veins. It's going to be raining blood all over again.

You watch, this will be their best album since St Anger.