BREAKING NEWS: Rob Caggiano quits Anthrax

My shitty opinion on this matter is that I will not miss Rob. I did not like his stage presence, his leads, his tone, his stupid purple guitar, and his album mixes. I secretly hoped he would leave and so this is kinda nice. Having said that Dan is kind of insane and I don't know if he has heavy metal in him anymore. I would say no really. His jesus bullshit and autism (he wrote a fucking shitty song about it in redlamb) is fucking stupid and not metal at all. Fuck him.

I did see Paul Crook live back in the day for Volume 8 and he fucking ripped it up and had GOOD stage presence. So basically I liked his work.

Out of all I do miss Dans leads. He had this particular way of playing that just spoke to me on a lot of the older Thrax albums. So there fuck me and fuck you.:tickled:

Fucking idiot.

You dont like Rob or Dan so I guess you want an unknown guitarist to join and expect that to work? :Shedevil::Shedevil:

it would be interesting to know for sure. Its common knowledge that Rob and Joey aren't always kept in the loop on everything.

The bussiness side of things in the music are fucked up for sure. I have a friend in the Chicago scene that started a band with 2 others. They later brought in 2 other guys, but the original 3 called the shots, never got that cause they never got past the demo/regional shows level. Too much drama for me.

I know, back when Joey first rejoined I mentioned I'd be at a show he didn't even know about yet :lol:

But that's come a long ways in 2 years. He's pretty much in the loop on everything now.

If Scott and Charlie had treated Paul properly back in the day - Stomp 442 and Volume 8 - they could have had a great guitarist as part of their band rather than just a hired gun.

Yeah because Stomp and Volume 8 were such great albums!... NOT!

That being said I agree with you about Scott and Charlie. I have heard they are both dicks and treat people like shit. No wonder Charlies wife kicked his ass.

Everyone I have know that has had business relationships with Scott Ian has said he was a total arrogant prick.

Everyone I have know that has had business relationships with Scott Ian has said he was a total arrogant prick.

So you are "in the loop" so to speak? I have no doubt about what you posted.....Scott is like a mini-Gene Simmons. I met him before a show....and he was great. Signed stuff & chatted with us. Seems like that was the exception.........oh well. Let's face it, Rob was probably getting crooked (again) and he bailed....don't blame him....

So you are "in the loop" so to speak? I have no doubt about what you posted.....Scott is like a mini-Gene Simmons. I met him before a show....and he was great. Signed stuff & chatted with us. Seems like that was the exception.........oh well. Let's face it, Rob was probably getting crooked (again) and he bailed....don't blame him....

I've met Scott 5 times, and he's never been anything but pleasant. That doesn't have any bearing on what his business side is like, but he does at least know how to treat his fans well.

Yes I suppose you can say that. And yes it's true, he may put on a smiley face for a meet and greet, might act like a grand ol dude with the public eye. But just ask all of his former band mates about him. Joey is just dealing with it because its a job now in which he gets paid...and Scott knows if Joey leaves they are done as a band.

Have you ever seen a band lose so many members. Believe me Rob Caggiano didn't just randomly decide to quit this band while they are on top of their game.

Ask Neil Turbin about Scott Ian, cook, Joey, Spitz, Milano, etc

Chris+Barnes.jpg

Yes I suppose you can say that. And yes it's true, he may put on a smiley face for a meet and greet, might act like a grand ol dude with the public eye. But just ask all of his former band mates about him. Joey is just dealing with it because its a job now in which he gets paid...and Scott knows if Joey leaves they are done as a band.

Have you ever seen a band lose so many members. Believe me Rob Caggiano didn't just randomly decide to quit this band while they are on top of their game.

Ask Neil Turbin about Scott Ian, cook, Joey, Spitz, Milano, etc

I beleive you. And yes, $cott and Charlie seem to have pissed off a LOT of people over the years. Didn't Nelson shit on one of them? Or vice versa? Either way, must be a shitty band to be in!

On a bitter side..
What DA FUCK??? ( for the 10th time). How many train wrecks must ANTHRAX face??

On the brighter side..
Nice to see that wiggling ass gif again...

OK I've stuck to just reading and taking this in to gather opinions...here's mine...So Rob you've been with the band through thick and thin for a decade and more playing shithole clubs with minimal record sales and no respect, even though you had several high-profile producing jobs going on at the same time (Cradle of Filth, Straight Line Stitch, etc.)Now the band is finally taking off and have a grammy nomination and are succeeding at EVERYTHING they set out to do 30 years ago now, as well as you as an artist, and you voluntarily quit?! BULLSHIT. I don't have down syndrome to relate to you but what the fuck. The reality show continues, we don't even know the truth about Nelson yet and I bet we'll never know this either. Rob's not retarded so therefore he didn't quit. Just like my life nothing will ever go right with this band, they'll find a replacement, everyone here will argue, everyone will hate each other blah blah blah man it's like being a Detroit Lions fan. Oh wait I am too, dammit no happiness lol! Ugh I'll be there at the house of blues...again...to hear classics..again...god i should kill myself.

We can all theorise the reasons for Rob's departure but perhaps after 10 years he honestly felt the desire was no longer there.

It does happen - especially as you get older in life. I've left great jobs to move onto other less lucrative ones simply because I felt I had done all I had set out to achieve and felt the desire to pursue other avenues.

Aware of the history of this band (I've been a fan since the late 80s) and all the theatrics but perhaps just this time it could be genuine.

It's not just a hat..
it's a beanie.

It meant something u know....:mad:
How he started wearing it after Dan Nelson was kicked out from the band.
How he continued wearing it even during the hottest time of day for a gig.
How he even wear it in the church.

He started wearing it while Nelson was IN the band! :D

anthrax2008.jpg

ANTHRAX.jpg

Anthrax0001.jpg

and lastly....

Anthrax_GA279.jpg

:lol:

The last pic makes sense since they're out in the cold and all wearing one. The difference is, the rest take it off when they go inside.