Breaking The Haul...

VenomGA

At War With Stan
Jul 28, 2005
Breaking The Haul...
I don;t post my hauls on here much, usually will just comment here and there in threads about such albums. But I feel compelled to so so now. This is what I bought last week:

Testament-The Formation of Damnation :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: out of 5:headbang:

Whitesnake-Good To Be Bad(2 disc version) :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: 1/2 out of 5:headbang:

Dream Theater-Greatest Hit (And 21 Pretty Cool Other Songs) :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: 1/2 out of 5:headbang:

Whitesnake-Good To Be Bad(2 disc version) :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: 1/2 out of 5:headbang:
Nick bought this a few weeks ago when it came out. After listening to about 1/2 of the first disk one night, I decided I needed to go out and purchase my own copy the next day ... a decision I have yet to regret (and one he is probably incredible thankful for, because I won't be stealing his copy all the time :lol:).

David Coverdale has an awesome band for this recording. I was at first miffed that Marco Mendoza (bass) and Tommy Aldridge (drums) were not a part of this like the dvd the band did a year ago, but the new guys did a great job.

So, what I gather is, you don't listen to bands who formed after Franklin Delano Roosevelt ushered in The New Deal?

In case you were unaware, they make movies now, sometimes called "talkies", where you can actually hear the actors speaking. :loco:

Zod

:err:

So, what I gather is, you don't listen to bands who formed after Franklin Delano Roosevelt ushered in The New Deal?

In case you were unaware, they make movies now, sometimes called "talkies", where you can actually hear the actors speaking. :loco:

Zod

you're rough and gold at the same time :lol::kickass:

I guess I'll post my purchases of the last 2 weeks:

Whitesnake - Good to be bad (2 Disc)
Firewind - The Premonition
Strapping Young Lad - Alien
Three Inches of Blood - Advance and Vanquish
Jorn - The Duke
Arsis - We Are The Nightmare
At The Gates - Slaughter of the Soul (Remaster + Bonus DVD)
Airbourne - Runnin' Wild
Warbringer - War Without End
And USED:
Spin Doctors - Pocket Full of Kryptonite
Candlebox- Selftitled
Pearl Jam - Ten
Dean Martin - Best Of
Green Jelly - Cereal Killer Soundtrack
Red Hot Chili Peppers - BloodSugarSexMagik
Stone Temple Pilots - Core
Van Halen - S/T
Incubus - Make Yourself

you're rough and gold at the same time :lol::kickass:
LOL. Yeah... what can I say? I love busting balls. And I know VenomGA knows that and takes my sarcasm in the spirit in which it was intended. Which is definitely one of the cooler aspects of having a large group of regulars on a forum like this.

Zod

LOL. Yeah... what can I say? I love busting balls. And I know VenomGA knows that and takes my sarcasm in the spirit in which it was intended. Which is definitely one of the cooler aspects of having a large group of regulars on a forum like this.

Zod

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Breaking The Haul...
I don;t post my hauls on here much, usually will just comment here and there in threads about such albums. But I feel compelled to so so now. This is what I bought last week:

Testament-The Formation of Damnation :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: out of 5:headbang:

Dream Theater-Greatest Hit (And 21 Pretty Cool Other Songs) :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: 1/2 out of 5:headbang:

Right on track with the Testament and Whitesnake ratings. I've got to add a 3 out of 5 for the new Dokken.

I've picked up and put down the Dream Theater greatest hits a few times, are the remixes worth the purchase?

depends on if you are a big Dream Theater fan or not.
I would have rated the new Dokken 4 out of 5. Probably the first one of theirs I have enjoyed since Erase the Slate

I bought a few albums in the past 2 weeks as well:

Portishead- Third
Eddie Vedder- Into the Wild soundtrack
Sia- Some people have real problems
Nine Inch Nails- Ghosts I-IV
Gnarls Barkley- The odd Couple

The first two are incrideble... Out of the 5 albums the only one that I didn't really like that much was Gnarls Barkley's... I prefer the first album

Zod

Zod, you forget one thing. Whitesnake and Testament are like fine wines. They just keep getting better with age! :headbang:

~Brian~

Whitesnake-good to be bad
testament-formation of damnation
dominici-03
zimmers hole-while you were shouting at the devil....we were in league with satan
embrace the end-ley lines
draconian-turning season within
arsis-we are the nightmare
lynam-tragic city symphony
midnattsol-nordlys
dream quest-centralia
sebastian bach-angel down
cage-hell destroyer
Bathory-a tribute to Quorothon box set
eyehategod-dopesick remaster
death-symbolic remaster
siesmic void-siesmic void

Angrafan, If this is all I had to buy, then I'd spend my money elsewhere. :zombie:

~Brian~

That's fine! I share the same feeling about other albums listed on this thread. But have you actually heard some of this stuff?
The new Portishead is absolutely amazing... It's not metal nor prog... but it's darker, heavier and more "progressive" than most prog metal... :) give it a chance