Breast cancer awareness... Please read....

Jun 25, 2004
On Oct. 17th my girlfriend of 6 years passed away due to Breast cancer. I miss her everyday and it has only been 2 weeks tomorrow. So I just wanted to make aware that October is Breast Cancer awareness in the U.S. Not sure if it is in other parts of the world. But I wanted to make this thread to spread awareness and to remind everyone to get their loved ones to go get themselves checked. Be it your sister, mother, niece, wife, girlfriend etc. I do not want anyone else to suffer the loss that I have. She fought it for a year and I seriously thought she would survive this but she started coughing blood on Oct. 14th and rushed to the hospital. I spoke to her the night before she died. I miss her and will miss her dearly the rest of my life.

Maria Theresa Fajatin Ioannou
1962-2006 Rest in Peace My Justheart

Thank you everyone and my condolences Jonny D on your friend(s). Please everyone tell your loved ones to get checked regularly. I don't know what I will do without her but thank you everyone.

I echo everyone's thoughts, my condolences to you on your loss. Hang inthere and be strong, brother. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Man, I deeply respect you for being able to cope with your loss this way!
I'd be crying in a corner somewhere and couldn't think of internet or computers in any way...

I cannot describe how sorry I am for your loss, I know (I suppose, at least...) how much I'd suffer if I (god forbid!) lost my girlfriend in a similar way... :erk:

Hang in there, bro and may she rest in peace!

My deepest sympathy for your loss. Major hugs from your UM family and may you find comfort in knowing you may help someone else. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :cry:

SickBoy said:
Man, I deeply respect you for being able to cope with your loss this way!
I'd be crying in a corner somewhere and couldn't think of internet or computers in any way...

I cannot describe how sorry I am for your loss, I know (I suppose, at least...) how much I'd suffer if I (god forbid!) lost my girlfriend in a similar way... :erk:

Hang in there, bro and may she rest in peace!

Normally I wouldn't be able to cope with it by being on the internet... I cried the first three days after I found out... broke down uncontrollably... and since I been tearing on and off... I think I'm starting to fall into a state of denial and/or depression... I have a picture of her on my computer and I look at it daily... Right now I do not have health insurance but when I start working again and get insurance I intend to get counseling/therapy... I did quit smoking though for now. She had always wanted me to.

Her family are here from the Phillipines so I am helping them out by driving them around to her office, lawyer, etc. Helping them cope with her death and helping them with settling her Estate. I can only hope there is a afterlife/Heaven and I will see her one day. I do believe in us having souls/spirits. The other day on Sunday when I was over the house her dog just started barking uncontrollably towards her Urn and photo for no reason. All day he was quiet and mostly sleeping on my lap then when I was talking to her sister in the living room the dog (his name is Loki, a Bichon Frise) starting barking like crazy in that direction (Urn/Photo). Can't be because of the Photo and such because it had been there for a couple of days and he never reacted to it before so I like to think her spirit/soul was there for some reason. Perhaps to reassure us she is ok and in Heaven now. I hope that is why.

Anyways the main reason I have been online was/is to spread the word about Breast cancer. I think it helps me cope for now. I have been spending time on the site www.komen.org . I think the biggest non profit organization for breast cancer treatment, research, education etc. I already sent a email/letter through the site to my local congressmen about not making Medicare cuts that would limit women's access to life saving screenings & treatments. I intend to make this one of my causes for the rest of my life until if and when I pass into the afterlife and see her again. I just can't believe she is gone. She was the sweetest, nicest woman I have ever known who was beautiful inside as well as outside. She didn't deserve this. No one does.

Thank you for your condolences also Kitty, Sickboy & Whisper as well as for everyone else I already thanked. It is appreciated.

Um and JD, my condolences to you both. It is difficult, I know. I lost my best friend to a terminal illness over a decade ago and it still stings a bit at times. It'll get better. You're both in my thoughts and prayers, whether you believe in that prayer thing or not. :)

Most importantly, take care of yourselves. You know we'll be here if you need us.

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
Maria Theresa Fajatin Ioannou
1962-2006 Rest in Peace My Justheart

Your g/f will be well remembered my Brother. She had a beautiful name. I am so sorry for your loss as well as for her family. Cancer is a killer and it is not prejudice. It took the life of a nine-year-old girl in my community recently as well. I hope the scientific/medical community will be able to find a cure very soon.

Bryant

Bryant said:
Your g/f will be well remembered my Brother. She had a beautiful name. I am so sorry for your loss as well as for her family. Cancer is a killer and it is not prejudice. It took the life of a nine-year-old girl in my community recently as well. I hope the scientific/medical community will be able to find a cure very soon.

Bryant

Thank you Wheez and Bryant. Yes her name is beautiful and most people outside her family called her Tess. I guess it is just my imagination but cancer even though it is not prejudice always seems to take the angels of this world more then anyone else. The nicest, sweetest people who never hurt anyone and always have a smile on their face for you and everyone else. If there wasn't a lapse between her radiation and Heptin treatments I know without a doubt she would of won this battle. I just hope someday they find a cure so others do not go through what she went through and the aftermath of the ones she left behind. She was the baby of the family so her parents are devastated. No parent should have to bury (in her case cremation) their own child. I just wish there was a gravesite for her I could visit periodically but there won't be. I just wish I could hug and kiss her one last time. I hope their is a afterlife and I will see her one day.