Brent's official yearly petition/b*tchfest for Annihilator to play Progpower :)

I thought this might be cool for those who are not familiar with Annihilator. I'm not that familiar with their stuff either so I'm not sure this is a good representation of the band. But I think it's cool nonetheless.

A free compilation album from Canadian melodic thrash metal pioneers ANNIHILATOR, called "Total Annihilation", is now available to download from Earache Records in conjunction with Metal Hammer.

Earache Records is releasing six classic albums from ANNIHILATOR's back-catalogue as part of the "Total Annihilation" campaign, and to celebrate, the label is offering a completely free download-only compilation album featuring fourteen killer tracks.

Get your hands on the "Total Annihilation" compilation album for free at this location.

"Total Annihilation" features the following tracks:

01. The Trend
02. Ambush
03. Battered
04. Carnival Diablos
05. Back To The Palace
06. Nothing Left
07. Ultra-Motion
08. Ritual
09. King Of The Kill
10. Second To None
11. Ultraparanoia
12. Refresh The Demon
13. Tricks And Traps
14. Never Forget

The first three releases from the "Total Annihilation" reissue campaign, "Carnival Diablos", "Criteria For A Black Widow" and "Waking The Fury", are available now in Europe, along with ANNIHILATOR's new, self-titled album. Get them now at Earache.com.

Does it send you an e-mail or do you click somewhere on the screen? I haven't gotten any e-mails from them if that's how you do it.

Once you put in your email address and click "go" then you should see a box below where you entered your email that says "download" and it should say rapidshare on it also. Click on that and it will prompt you to download it. You will need winzip or some type of program to open the file as all the songs are zipped up.

Cool, will download it now. I just checked Annihilator for the first time this past week - Never, Neverland has cool songs but I couldn't stand the vocals. Set the World on Fire was much better imo. Will check out this best of thingy.

That's the problem overall with this band.
No album is a good representation, since the band has more revolving doors than a Chinese massage parlour.

I disagree here. I think they are all a GREAT representation of where the band was at the time the album came out. Annihilator has a certain trademark sound that you can instantly tell when it's them. But does that mean that every song and album do or should sound the same? Absolutely not. I mean, a perfect example would be, 1997's Remains. It's one of those albums that either the fans love or hate. I love it, but it's definitely different. During the writing for this album, his wife was listening to a lot of Ministry and NiN and stuff in that vein. While this album is definitely an Annihilator album, it also has MANY different elements of that style of music laced within. Or the album that came out after it, Criteria For A Black Widow, which I consider to be one of the greatest thrash albums ever created, was written while Jeff was going through a VERY bitter divorce with his wife and a very heated custody battle. That album is so emotionally charged with hate and rage that you really have no choice but to just almost want to lose it and head bang throughout. Those lyrics come from a very personal place. Enough with my rambling though.

Off to see Annihilator tonight for the second time year. So glad, Shock is opening up as I liked them in the late 80s. Going to get their cd! The ticket was only $20.00.

Off to see Annihilator tonight for the second time year. So glad, Shock is opening up as I liked them in the late 80s. Going to get their cd! The ticket was only $20.00.

Is it the Ottawa show? The Quebec City one that was supposed to happen on Oct. 4th got cancelled. Rumor is that it sold very poorly. Let me know how that Ottawa gig was.