Broken Mic?!

sk8a123

Dec 13, 2010
Hey guys I have an mxl 990 but i think one of the pins are broken so its not working. I bought it used so i can't return it. what do you guys recommend i should do?

its broken as in you can see its clearly broken? or assume its the pin? if you can see its broken my buddy opened his mic up and soldered an xlr cable to the mic contacts, you can get a solder iron at radio shack for like $7.00

its broken as in you can see its clearly broken? or assume its the pin? if you can see its broken my buddy opened his mic up and soldered an xlr cable to the mic contacts, you can get a solder iron at radio shack for like $7.00

first thing that came to mind, don't use an MXL 990..

@Goodfellas sorry for the confusion i am assuming its the pin. my interface phantom power still works as well as my xlr cables

@cory haha yeah i know. I've had it for like a a year and a half now. its a pretty versatile mic though

haha i googled the mic its a 60 dollar mic, id say buy a replacement but i assume its not the best sounding mic, get a 57 until you can afford a better one imo..

also, its not that its bad but its not that great either. i have a 57 that i have been using but i just figured i'd use my mxl 990 as a room mic for drums