Bruce Dickinson for PP VII?

manowarfan1

Jan 16, 2004
Colorado Springs, CO
Hi all - just wanted to get an idea on it Bruce Dickinson for PP7 would be way offline. I know Maiden will not be tourning now until their next album is set to come out (late 2006), but Bruce Bruce (lol) may want to go out and do some shows. He does have some fantastic solo stuff and maybe would be able to throw in some of the deep album tracks from Maiden and not some of the hits. He would fit in as a "power" band as far as ProgPower goes. So, am I off my rocker here? How about Glenn organizes the "Three Tremors" project that was supposed to come together with Bruce, Halford and Geoff Tate, it's not like Glenn doesnt have enuff to do already LOL

manowarfan1
ps - anything with Jorn Lande involved would be cool too :)

Dickinson would probably cost more than bringing Ayreon...lol

Plus, do you really think he would wanna be part of the whole "socializing" that goes on at ProgPower? hmm... I don't think so

That's cool and understandable. I've been a fan of 'Tage for 11+ years and had never seen them perform live. So PPV was a dream come true for me. Other than Alice in Chains there's not another band that I've wanted to see live and haven't. So IMHO again, PPV will be hard to beat. UNLESS God Glenn can resurect Layne Staley, reform AIC and have them headline PP sometime down the line. LOL. For some reason, I don't think that's going to happen. ;)

You're totally correct though, it's all a matter of opinion. Even if yours is wrong. /teasing.

-Metal

Thing of it is, although Iron Maiden is one of the best shows I've seen, and they always have a lot of energy and seeing them is fun as hell, I've seen them about six times already and can see them pretty much whenever I feel like it. They even play Pittsburgh. Other bands at PP don't normally tour the US, and even if GLEN gets a sac full of $$$$$ I'd rather have the harder to find bands at PP.

AngraRULES said:
Dickinson would probably cost more than bringing Ayreon...lol

Plus, do you really think he would wanna be part of the whole "socializing" that goes on at ProgPower? hmm... I don't think so

you know what? I really don't know about that, he is a prima-donna but maybe the PP experience will change his mind about US fans...who knows. it's been life changing for a lot of people..but even if I dont get to meet him personally, a good solo show will be more than enough

Glenn, while you're bringing in Dickinson, why don't you see about bringing in Dio and Halford! ProgPower VII can just be a solo fest! :)

Compared to this, my Joe Lynn Turner lobbying doesn't seem so far fetched! JLT could bring Al Pitrelli with him as well since Al plays on his latest CD.

Well, I guess that means that either Glenn has either made some feelers with this possibility before, or knows enough about the industry to know what Bruce solo usually requests in terms of a booking fee. SHame, I bet he'd end up having a great experience at PP. Heck I bet a lot of people are willing to take less than normal fees just to be a part of it, of course that could jsut be the optomistic metal idealist in me :)

So, Mr H, are his fees really that far out there? I can't imagine him getting too mcuh for the solo shows, at least in the US he'd probably only draw a few hundred people to most shows. If it hasnt been looked into seriously, might warrant a quick look. YOu have an excellent product to be selling - a chance to do something "out of the ordinary" for him and a kick ass atmosphere. Maybe a Bruce acoustic show LOL He gets tired of having to do the "gretest hits" thing with Maiden, - this would be his opportunity to branch out :) Maybe he'll put his money where his mouth is.

Jeff

Give up the hope manowarfan, there's simply no way this will happen. $$$$ are obviously the biggest reason, but there's so many other reasons as well (his feelings towards U.S. audiences, the U.S. in general, the fact that the PP crowd is not a very "Maiden" type crowd, the fact that Bruce has no need to do "one-off" type festival shows in the U.S., etc.) The list goes on and on and on.

The chances of seeing Ayreon are better than the chances of seeing Dickinson at PP. (in other words, it ain't happening)

I would love to see Dickinson one of my favorite songs ever are tears of the dragon. But what about Luca Turilli!!!

Empress said:
I would love to see Dickinson one of my favorite songs ever are tears of the dragon. But what about Luca Turilli!!!

Just like Rhapsody, I'm assuming this would be a high expense for a one-off type show, but they have recently toured the U.S. so who knows? If it did happen though, I would expect to see Rhapsody much more than I would expect to see Turilli solo.

Dark One said:
Just like Rhapsody, I'm assuming this would be a high expense for a one-off type show, but they have recently toured the U.S. so who knows? If it did happen though, I would expect to see Rhapsody much more than I would expect to see Turilli solo.

Yeah same here, but because Rhapsody are so expensive it was why I mentioned him alone. That and since Rhapsody toured the U.S. seeing Luca with his solo band would be rare!

When Rhapsody toured the US, it was beneficial for them because Manowar helped them and lent them some of their equiptment so it was cheaper for them to travel.

I've seen Rhapsody, and they're returning early next year to the U.S., of course I want to see them again and chances of me flying to the West Coast are almost definite, but hearing Luca's music live would be something else. Seeing Olaf and Sascha up there, I think it would be a treat and a rare show to see in the U.S. (and possibly cheaper)..

What about Demons and Wizards? :D

It would be great to see Luca along with Olaf! I'd love to see Olaf there period! I had the pleasure of meeting Luca earlier this year on their tour with Manowar, and I have say, Luca seemed like a great guy! Him and the Rhapsody guys were an absolute pleasure to meet!

edgeofthorns said:
Compared to this, my Joe Lynn Turner lobbying doesn't seem so far fetched! JLT could bring Al Pitrelli with him as well since Al plays on his latest CD.

JLT is playing here in Novermber. Shall I kidnapp him and hold onto him for next year?:D Actually when I saw the ad I was shocked....one that he was playing and two that he is playing at a local bar.:err: Looking forward to hearing how he sounds now.