Bruce Dickinson's Solo stuff...

I own all the albums, and with the exception of the last two (Accident of Birth and Chemical Wedding), each release sounds quite different... Tatooed Millionaire is (IMO) brainless hard rock (with suitably brainless lyrics, not counting Born In '58 or the like), Balls To Picasso is heavy rock with quite a progressive touch in parts (progressive in the true sense, not in the Dream Theater sense;)), and Skunkworks is very melodic, very... avant garde in its approach - and very different to the previous albums.

Accident of Birth is metal-by-numbers (but with some great tracks), and Chemical Wedding - featuring the same band as AoB - is much the same, tho a little more solid in the songwriting and performances.

All my opinion tho, of course :)

Your best bet is probably to get his 'Best of' album. It's got bassically all you really need off of the early albums as well as 2 brand new songs. TCW and AoB are amazing as well, with TCW being a little more amazing :)

@ Reanna: best avatar ive seen so far on this board ;) cheers
now maybe you should start with the best of album? i dunno in other countries but the LE is still pretty well available here. Or just go for Tatooed Millionaire. But theyre are all quite good. I love the maidenstuff much more though.

Hi there!
I have Accident of Birth and The Chemical Wedding and I love them both.
I've listened to Skunkworks a long time ago, but didn't like it... Maybe I've tried to compare it to the Maiden albums.

EDIT: Now I remember that I have Scream For Me Brazil, not bad either but haven't listened to it lately.
*makes the necessary changes in the CD player's tray*

thanks, now i just need to get some money to get the CDs....easter is coming up soon, maybe i can get some then. heh.
i know ive seen the best of cd here, and im not sure which others...ill have to look though.

and about my av: thanks. heh :)

Accident of Birth is the fuckin awesomest album you will ever hear i love it, bruce dickinson on vox and adrian smith on guitar, is it POSSIBLE to lose? The chemical wedding tracks ive heard are pretty badass too, tattooed millionaire is crap apart from son of a gun, born in 58 and dive dive dive, balls to picasso has tears of the dragon what can i say, not heard skunkworks.

and why does everyone slate dream theater for not bein "prog" they never said they were prog rock like yes or whoever, theyve always been progressive metal and if you listen to the songs, they PROGRESS hence the title progressive, i dont see what the hoo ha is about, it beats the pants off prog anyday.

People, people....Chemical Wedding is one of the greatest albums of all time. Some people (Maiden fans) thinks it surpasses even some of what Maiden has accomplished at their best!

You put Roy Z, Adrian Smith, and Bruce Dickinson in the room together and you get magic.

Gotta say I'm not really a fan of Bruce's solo stuff. In fact, I've made some very mean, vicious comments about it in the past. And I will refrain from doing so in this thread.

However, I would like to include a punch for some really excellent solo stuff. BLAZE's solo stuff fucking rules!! :headbang: I'm glad Bruce got back with Maiden, because his solo stuff was never up to par with his incredible stuff w/Maiden.

Bruce's stuff is cool because it shows where his mind was at the time, with the possible exeption of Tattooed Millionaire, which was an album for the sake of making an album. It's well known he was looking for an "outlet" in '86, and the end result (although it was a few years down the track) was Skunkworks.

NovembersDirge, that was Accident of Birth, his second last one. Check out Chemical Wedding, which is his last one, and it's a better all round album as well.

AOB was let down by some dodgy songs towards the end. CW is solid all the way through.

Bruce's solo stuff was better than Maiden with Blaze and better than the last Maiden with Bruce, all except Tattoed Millionaire which totally sucked, none of it was good, please.