Brucey news...

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
As Bruce and Val were discussing new releases to hit the shelves in 2005 on the January 1st Dickinson's BBC 6Music rock show, Bruce interrupted his co-host by saying "don't forget mine" and hinted that his new solo album might be released as early as April this year.
You can listen to the show at the BBC's website. Bruce speaks about his new album about 1 hour 45 minutes into the show.
This confirms an earlier Maidenfans report. No release date is announced for his solo DVD, even if Bruce had hinted for a January 2005 release, a date possibly in jeopardy now. (Gee you think?)

Also found this, my bullshit detector went off the scale when I read it, but its worth posting :)

Close insiders in the circle of Roy Z, revealed some news, that will be officially published very soon!!

Roy Z and Bruce Dickinson wrote another album, the album is mostly based on Apocalyptic theme's from Ancient English literature.

Album Name: New Atlantis
Tracklist:

1 Lathe of Heaven
2 The Wasteland
3 Scarefire
4 Emperor of the East
5 Paradise Regained
6 Galapagos
7 The Fair Beggar
8 Storm
9 New Atlantis
10 Seafarer

As Roy Z already stated in an interview, this album will complete the Accident of Birth & Chemical Wedding Trilogy. Adrian Smith will not be participating on the album. All guitar parts where done by Roy Z, and when they are gonna tour in autumn, probably a guest-guitarist will join in.

Im not sure if that last bit is right, but it would make sense as Bruce said he wanted a birth/marriage/death trilogy in an interview somewhere.

-King of the who?
-The Britons!
-Well who are they then?
-We are all Britons, and I am your King!
-Well I didn't vote for you.
-You dont vote for king.
-Well how did you get it then?
-The Lady of the Lake, held aloft Excallibur...
-Look, strange women in ponds distributing swords is no basis for government.

I dunno exactly how that bit goes and I cbf looking it up, but thats what come to mind at reading Spiffo's post hehe

Ahh the Grail... Not really what I expected when I found out what it really was :OMG:

salty said:
I dunno exactly how that bit goes and I cbf looking it up, but thats what come to mind at reading Spiffo's post hehe

I have it on mp3 :D The whole scene is fantastic:

King Arthur: How do you do, good lady. I am Arthur, King of the Britons. Whose castle is that?

Dennis' wife: King of the who?

KA: The Britons.

DW: Who are the Britons?

KA: Well, we all are...we are all Britons. And I am your King.

DW: I didn't know we had a king. I thought we were an autonomous collective.

Dennis: You're fooling yourself. We're living in a dictatorship. A self-perpetuating autocracy, in which the working classes get...

DW: Oh, there you go, bringing class into it again.

D: Well, that's what it's all about! If only people would...

KA: Please, please, good people! I am in haste! Who lives in that castle?

DW: No-one lives there.

KA: Then who is your lord?

DW: We don't have a lord.

KA: ...what?

D: I told you, we're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week...

KA: ...yes.

D: ...but all the decisions of that officer, have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting...

KA: Yes, I see.

D: ...by a civil majority in the case of purely internal affairs...

KA: Be quiet!

D: ...or by a two-thirds majority in the case of more major...

KA: Be quiet - I ORDER you to be quiet!

DW: Order eh? Who does he think he is, huh?

KA: I am your king!

DW: Well, I didn't vote for you.

KA: You don't vote for kings.

DW: Well, how'd you become king then?

KA: The lady of the lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I'm your king!

D: Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some...farcical aquatic ceremony!

KA: Be QUIET!

D: You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!

KA: SHUT UP!

D: I mean, if I went around saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

KA: Shut up! Will you shut up!

(scuffle)

D: Ah! Now we see the violence inherent in the system!

KA: SHUT UP!

D: Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help help, I'm being repressed!

KA: Bloody peasant!

D: Oh - what a giveaway! Did you hear that, did you hear that eh? That's what I'm on about! Did you see him repressing me? You saw it, didn't you!

But back to the topic at hand - Ancient England. I think of that as being way back before the blueprints for Stonehenge were finalised. Arthurian England was more pre-Medieval times.

So, hands up who has literature from that period?

I think the word "ancient" has been substituted for the word "old" in this case. :) Unless someone has dug up some Ancient English literature from the pre-Roman period, when writing didn't actually exist there. So maybe it's all on video, or something.

Beowulf sounds like a Japanese manga about a bionic super wolf that has psychic abilities and eats people.