Brutal death metal with no lyrics about violence against women, rape, sexual deviance, and misogyny

stonemarc348

New Metal Member
Dec 19, 2015
I love the music of many brutal death metal bands, but i absolutely HATE how almost every band seems to have lyrics about violence against women and rape and full blown misogyny in practically every song, if not every song

that's not fair to someone like me who is turned off of those lyrical themes

I have tried getting people to suggest some brutal death metal WITHOUT lyrics like this, but all I can seem to get is suggestions of OPETH and MESHUGGAH, who are not even close to death metal - let alone brutal death metal

In particular, I am looking for a band who musically sounds like these bands:

Almost every band that sounds like this has every song having these lyrical themes, which makes me so angry. I wish they wouldn't, and there were bands that sounded like this without that lyrical content, so I could feel comfortable with supporting it

In terms of brutal death metal without any lyrics like these, I am aware of origin and disavowed already. I just need more brutal death metal bands, but all I can find has all lyrics that turn me off completely, and I need bands that provide the same brutality as the bands I posted YouTube links to but don't write those lyrics that just turn me off

Last edited:
I take it you follow along with the lyrics in the booklet.

I guess not everyone can keep the sand away from their vagina though so I'll bite

A mix of technical brutal and some slam just because.

Wormed
Dripping
Gravitational Distortion
Internal Suffering
Acrania
Hour of Penance
Spawn of Possession
Nile

I suggest you just quit trying to bring political correctness to one of the least politically correct things in the world though. They're words on paper that you surely can't understand as the music plays.

I've been listening to brutal death metal for ten years. I've never hit my wife, never disemboweled anyone. You're also cheating yourself if you like the style and choose to stay away from stuff like Guttural Secrete and Devourment.

Reactions: The Butt
Exactly. The boneheaded misogynist lyrics are part of the charm. It's fucking violent music. Get over it.

No I will absolutely NOT get over it!
By your logic, all bands like this should ONLY have those lyrics, and never have lyrics about other topics, ever? yeah, real reasonable.

This was exactly the response I did NOT want. BENEFICIAL REPLIES ONLY!

I would say Yattering but some of their lyrics fall under the umbrella of stuff the OP doesn't dig so..
Do they have any full length albums without any of those lyrics? If they had some songs with it on some albums, but dropped it entirely on other albums, I could give them a shot...

BTW, I updated my original post, with some more bands I want musically similar bands to which don't have those lyrical themes that turn me off...

No I will absolutely NOT get over it!
By your logic, all bands like this should ONLY have those lyrics, and never have lyrics about other topics, ever? yeah, real reasonable.

This was exactly the response I did NOT want. BENEFICIAL REPLIES ONLY!
I never said that. Do not strawman my argument or put words in my mouth.

All I am saying is that denying oneself great music simply because you disagree with the message, is a total pantywaist mentality. Slam and brutal death are a genre built on a foundation of violent, misogynist lyrics and by denying any band with those attributes, you are cheating yourself; simply because of a stuffed-shirt, illusory sense of moral superiority.

In short, you're listening to the wrooong genre if you do not want these attributes.

And frankly I don't care what responses you wanted. :lol:

Last edited:
You can't even understand the lyrics, the vocals are indecipherable.
Clearly someone needs to create some brutal feminist slam death metal for this user.

But again, I recommend you try out Insidious Discrepancy.