Brutal/Slam Death Metal

unibrityjhh.jpg

This one's good. Check it out if you haven't. Technical brutal death in the vein of Italy's Hatred with heavy Suffocation influence. I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

So, with my pre-order of the new Wormed album, I also bought a T-shirt. When my shipment came, I received a long-sleeve by mistake. I figured I'd keep it. Hell, I paid $7 less for it. Anyway, my question is, does anyone know what these symbols on the right arm mean? Anything at all? Something specific to the band?

250x250.aspx

355582.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wO9uyf0N1M

Check out more of the songs on the channel if you like it.

Fucking nasty.

Nasty indeed. This is the third winner you've posted in the last couple of weeks. (Craniotomy & Laceration being the others.) Thanks!

I just ordered it from Comatose and will see how the whole album is.

I'm curious how you think Pinnacle of Bedlam stands up in the Suffo catalogue--- I like it, especially the last two songs & #5, but I probably prefer the overall heaviness of Blood Oath.

Overall I would say its groovy technicality with less slams/breakdowns then most of their material, also has pretty much the best/cleanest production so far, I prefer Despise The Sun though, has way more dirt and edge to the production, way more brutal.

I like the technical parts more than any of their albums TBH, 2 of the songs on the record I remember being insane, can't remember right now.

I've seen that alot of people here don't like Putrid Pile for whatever reason, what is it you don't like? The ONLY thing I would change from this album is the fry vocals but that's just my taste, apart from that, this album is some of the best BDM I've ever heard. I haven't listened to it much since it came out until now but that's mostly because i'm usually searching for new music.

Unlike most super fast BDM bands this guy really keeps it groovy and listenable. The main riffs in the first song are so fucking awesome I feel like getting off my chair and jumping in a mosh pit with fucking gorillas.

Last edited by a moderator:
It most likely will be a step back because of matti way. They're starting to pump albums out at a retarded rate...

Well guys, I finally saw wormed last night so I can stop talking about it. You know that feeling when your expectations for something are so high that you end up slightly dissapointed even though it was pretty good? Well that's absolutely NOT what happened last night. Holy mother of fuck, what a band. Probably the best frontman I've seen, this guy's stage presence is inhuman, he's belching out like a madman, "dancing" with his hair in his face in the instrumental parts, never stays put, the hand gestures, the headbanging, it really is out of this world, and the rest of the band doesn't get left behind either, but Phlegeton is clearly the soul of the band's stage presence. They had a short computer/spacey ambient intro before every song, with a female computer voice saying the name of the next song before the band starts blasting the fuck out of everyone there, then when the song ends you can see everyone's face change, Phlegeton smiles and gives two thumbs up like he's the nicest gummy bear in the world while the guitarist and bassist just applaud and smile to the audience. There were three other bands with them, none of them were bad, in fact I thought they were all quite good until Wormed hit the stage and made me forget about all the others, so I guess I'll contribute to this thread by posting the other bands (except the opener, it wasn't bad but it was a generic old-school, early Death, highly Slayer influenced band so I guess it's irrelevant to this thread).

Legacy of Brutality from Asturias, Spain, not bad, pretty brutal, but in a more "modern" than a "slamming" way, reminds me a bit of Cattle Decapitation.

And Holocausto Canibal from Portugal, pretty damn good brutal death metal with a strong grindcore influence.

I don't get why the singer and the other guitarist are non-existant in the video, and the bassist is barely seen, but it's still a great video.

Unfortunately they didn't have the new Wormed album at the show, but I snagged a copy of Planisphaerium which I didn't have, I might have given the band and label more than the album's worth in Spotify plays alone, but I'm stil an album collector so it's good to finally have the physical thing to display at my studio.

Anyways, on a different note, I remember Czar asked a few pages back about getting Intestinal Infection's album, and I can't help with how to get a physical copy, I'm not sure if the guy from the label still has some, but I will ask about it. I have my own unopened copy right here with me, but I'm certainly not selling that one haha. For now though, I can offer a link to download the album for free. I don't download albums illegally (seriously, with Spotify I feel no need to) and I'm sure a lot of (if not all) of you guys don't do either, but I'm offering this one myself, I played on the album and paid my part of the recording so I don't see any moral issue with it, and I'm pretty sure it won't be possible to get a physical copy from outside of Venezuela or maybe Colombia, because of the legal "restraints" the government of our now happily dead president has put up regarding currency exchange. Long story short, people from outside can't send money to Venezuela or vice versa.

Here's the link to the 5 song Ep "Internal Deformities": https://dl.dropbox.com/u/954292/Fin...l Infection - Internal Deformities (2009).rar

If you like it, the band is reformed with a completely new lineup except for the singer and they just finished recording a new Ep, I've heard a few almost done mixes and it's sounding pretty damn good, I'll post here when it's out.

And I guess I'll end this huge post with another "local" recommendation. I shared the stage with these guys a couple times (and my joint smoking bandmates shared quite a few joints with them as well) and even though it's blatant "pure" slam and they're all waking the cadaver loving wiggers, they were always a really fun band to watch live but their demo recordings sucked, and now they actually released an album with colombian label Gore and Blood (managed by Daniel Paz from Amputated Genitals) and it sounds really good. The songs I guess are a matter of taste, cause it's pretty much one slam a million times and then the same slam at half speed a million more times, but I'll still plug it here, they're great guys.

With nothing more to say for now, see ya and keep posting shit, I keep checking and finding some awesome stuff in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator: