Brutal/Slam Death Metal

Pretty comprehensive list, thanks, I still have a few of those to check, I only recently discovered vulvectomy and was impressed.

Have you heard the new wormed? I listened to the full stream on metal sucks (I think? Don't remember) and I enjoyed it, but it's not nearly as brutal or slammy as planisphaerium, I have to listen to it more though.

I would if it was on youtube, anyone have a link to the full album? The 2 songs from it on YT are absolutely insane.

I don't get the hype around Wormed. They're good, and Autopsychosis is a damn good album, but it's far below Defeated Sanity, Katalepsy, Guttural Secrete, Vulvectomy, even the latest Devourment.

LOL I don't know, dude. I keep trying ,and I really liked one of their releases, but I swiftly forgot about it. This new one is rad, but it's not as frenetic as Defeated, not as burly as Katalepsy, and not as catchy as Vulvectomy. It feels kinda sterile.

LOL I don't know, dude. I keep trying ,and I really liked one of their releases, but I swiftly forgot about it. This new one is rad, but it's not as frenetic as Defeated, not as burly as Katalepsy, and not as catchy as Vulvectomy. It feels kinda sterile.

I thought you were saying Autopsychosis was way below the other albums you posted.

I agree about Wormed though, they don't have enough groove or slams to keep up, makes pretty much all of their materiel boring in comparison to a quality slam album.

Yet wormed are one of the few bands non bdm'ers will admit to liking. New guttural secrete is fairly boring compared to the debut, which was absolute chaos. Getting bored with slam again. Knew it would happen I guess.

I thought you were saying Autopsychosis was way below the other albums you posted.

I agree about Wormed though, they don't have enough groove or slams to keep up, makes pretty much all of their materiel boring in comparison to a quality slam album.

Ohhhh shit. I said Autopsychosis in that post and I meant Exodromos. Was only half paying attention while I was typing.

No, Autopsychosis is battling the new Vulvectomy for best slam of 2013 thus far for me.

One of the best guitar tones I've ever heard, just FUCK! If they get a better vocalist and release a album with the same guitar sound I would shit a skyscraper out of my ass.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji2RXYg0cbo

One of the best guitar tones I've ever heard, just FUCK! If they get a better vocalist and release a album with the same guitar sound I would shit a skyscraper out of my ass.

Effigy---

I like this Traumatomy and ordered it from Sevared.

I must say that I really like this rolling, deep, and wholly abstract vocal style.

Do you think the guy in Vulvectomy is better? From what I've heard (4 songs from two albums), he mainly sings the grid--- ie. sticks a syllable/growl squarely on each beat--- or sings in lockstep with the riff, which has been a bad metal tradition since the shitty verse singing in Black Sabbath's Iron Man. (And I say this as a longtime Sabbath fan.)

It seems most people like or don't like vocalist in death metal because of the quality of the growl (or gurgle or inhale or squeal), but to me, the phrasing is far more musically important.

In any case, thanks for another good post!