Brutal/Slam Death Metal

Deeds of Flesh
Dying Fetus

I like Dying Fetus. They have some pretty heavy, angry stuff. They are not really "brutal" death metal, though. Ironically, they are more brutal than most "brutal" death metal bands. The term "brutal death metal" refers to really low register, monotonous death metal incorporating slams instead of solos. Dying Fetus is brutal, and they are definitely death metal, but for some reason, they aren't brutal death metal. It's a weird classification. Dying Fetus is better than Cannibal Corpse in my opinion. I find Cannibal Corpse to be a bit flat, especially nowadays. In the early 90s, with Chris Barnes, they were a great band, but now, they have joined the list of flat, over l y modern sounding metal bands, along with Slipknot. They obviously aren't that bad, of course, but they are pretty boring. It's the same "gore, guts chug chug chug". Chris Barnes wrote gory lyrics, but they didn't get boring because they were so descriptive. The most recent Cannibal Corpse album actually seems promising, though. I have heard two songs from it, they are both very good, technical, and catchy. It is the best material they have released in years. I actually had to turn Torture off halfway through. Sorry, that is just my opinion on Cannibal Corpse.

My favorite death metal band is Death.

Man, you're a fucking idiot who doesn't know dick about death metal, brutal or otherwise. And I'll explain why.
-You said Dying Fetus wasn't brutal death metal.
-Then you said they were more brutal than most "brutal" death metal bands, implying disdain for the genre and showing a complete lack of understanding of the term.
-You compared Cannibal Corpse to Slipknot.
-You name-dropped Slipknot to talk shit on them like that scores some kind of metal points for looking "anti mallcore", as if we're all 15.
-"Slams instead of solos"; I don't even need to add anything to that. You probably got that bit of information from a YouTube comment and took it as law.
-You just spewed some of the same rehashed, unnecessary tripe about how "brutal death metal is ok, but I like real death metal better" that we obviously didn't get enough of in the first 75-100 pages of this thread.
-You thought I was selling something when I plainly named two respected record labels in the same sentence.
-You used the term "gore guts chug chug", indicating you again, don't understand brutal death metal at all.
-Bringing up random, well-known bands that no one needs to hear more about in an attempt to relate to everyone present. You're like the autistic kid in high school that randomly butts into peoples' discussions to interject your own nonsensical, unfounded, poorly thought-out opinions. Fuck off kid.

Last edited:
Reactions: End of Glory
Man, you're a fucking idiot who doesn't know dick about death metal, brutal or otherwise. And I'll explain why.
-Then you said they were more brutal than most "brutal" death metal bands, implying disdain for the genre and showing a complete lack of understanding of the term.
-You name-dropped Slipknot to talk shit on them like that scores some kind of metal points for looking "anti mallcore", as if we're all 15.
-You just spewed some of the same rehashed, unnecessary tripe about how "brutal death metal is ok, but I like real death metal better" that we obviously didn't get enough of in the first 75-100 pages of this thread.
-You thought I was selling something when I plainly named two respected record labels in the same sentence.
-You used the term "gore guts chug chug", indicating you again, don't understand brutal death metal at all.
-Bringing up random, well-known bands that no one needs to hear more about in an attempt to relate to everyone present. You're like the autistic kid in high school that randomly butts into peoples' discussions to interject your own nonsensical, unfounded, poorly thought-out opinions. Fuck off kid.

-"Slams instead of solos"; I don't even need to add anything to that. You probably got that bit of information from a YouTube comment and took it as law.

:lol:

Ozzman, what CE did you get? I'm only missing their first full length to have all of them.

Impulsive Psychopathic Acts

Nice one, I have that in my car right now actually. Forcefed is doing a run of shirts with that album art on it and I really would like to have one.

I've been falling off the brutal death bandwagon recently. Anything good been released in the last 3 months or so?

I've been falling off the brutal death bandwagon recently. Anything good been released in the last 3 months or so?
Hymenotomy had a new album in December. It's solid.

Just found out that the Injury Deepen pre-orders went out and the new album is set to be released soon. That track that they released on this album was sick. I'm stoked about hearing it.