Brutal technical death metal with GOOD production

Kindofnotreally.... Necrophagist? new Fleshgod? I don't think I've seen much/any with good production, but the "raw" sound suits the style.

Kindofnotreally.... Necrophagist? new Fleshgod? I don't think I've seen much/any with good production, but the "raw" sound suits the style.

There is a large number of bands that I don't want to listen to in these extreme genres because of the raw production styles.

I get that it works for the sound, but it's something I can't look past and I'm feeling really depraved because of it. hah

New fleshgod is kick ass, by the way. :kickass:

There is a large number of bands that I don't want to listen to in these extreme genres because of the raw production styles.

I get that it works for the sound, but it's something I can't look past and I'm feeling really depraved because of it. hah

New fleshgod is kick ass, by the way. :kickass:

yea, and it's a pain in the ass to learn some of these kind of songs by ear with sub-par production. Looking forward to if there is any with good production.

Necrophagist's first album sounds great. The sound in your video is way too clean, no heaviness. This is good shit.

Arsis is also a good examplem done by Zeuss

Last edited by a moderator:
Viramenia or however they're called are NOT brutal at all, sorry, it sounds soooooo random.
I don't like shitty productions at all, but Defeated Sanity is still way, way, way more brutal
than this :D

About brutal stuff with better production, listen to the following:
Visceral Bleeding "Absorbing the Disarray"
Spawn of Possession "Noctambulent"
Odious Mortem "Cryptic Implosion"
(not that brutal, but still more than ver... :D and better shredparts) Decrepit Birth "Polarity"
Decrepit Birth "Diminishing Between Worlds"
Retaliation "Seven" (by the boards own user Fragle)
and the latest stuff by Cephalic Carnage sounds cool, too.

I would LOVE to listen to some Suffocation stuff with a really good production, that would
kick insane amounts of ass!

I would LOVE to listen to some Suffocation stuff with a really good production, that would

Pierced From Within, Despise the Sun, Blood Oath...? :)

Viraemia are entertaining in a wierd way, but not brutal at all.

Beneath The Massacre's latest ep and Dystopia have pretty sick production.

Cryptopsy - None So Vile/And Then You'll Beg
Decrepit Birth - Diminishing Between Worlds
Aeon - Path Of Fire
Deeds Of Flesh - Of What's To Come
Gorguts - The Erosion Of Sanity (not brutal in a slammy way though)
Origin
Defeated Sanity - Chapters Of Repugnance
Disgorge - Parrallels Of Infinite Torture
Dying Fetus

Cryptopsy, Defeated Sanity and Disgorge (and maybe DF) are the only real "brutal" ones out of those though...

Spawn Of Possession's Noctambulant has very clear production, but holy shit, WHERE IS THE FUCKING GAIN ON THE GUITARS!!

for Suffocation I meant a really good production ;) I love all their stuff, but I think
it would be awesome to listen to something like that with the sound of Chimairas
Resurrection for example.

About Spawn of Possession, yep, almost no gain on the guitars, but it fits the style
imho and it just shows that they're really good players, saw them live two times
and they were really tight! first time was almost 9 years ago imho, cabinet was just
released.

Vile's Depopulate is pretty good imho, too.

Yeah, but they sound so dry, it makes for a really uncomfortable listen.

I think Suffocation would sound incredible with a modern day Colin Richardson trying to emulate his old death metal mixes.
But I think they sound great with Zach Ohren tbh

Spawn of Possession - Cabinet is sounding awesome (but would not really call them brutal).. so tight and I actually love the amount of gain on the guitars
(Or atleast that was my opinion on it the last time I listened to the album, which is a while ago heh)

Viramenia or however they're called are NOT brutal at all, sorry, it sounds soooooo random.
I don't like shitty productions at all, but Defeated Sanity is still way, way, way more brutal
than this :D

About brutal stuff with better production, listen to the following:
Visceral Bleeding "Absorbing the Disarray"
Spawn of Possession "Noctambulent"
Odious Mortem "Cryptic Implosion"
(not that brutal, but still more than ver... :D and better shredparts) Decrepit Birth "Polarity"
Decrepit Birth "Diminishing Between Worlds"
Retaliation "Seven" (by the boards own user Fragle)
and the latest stuff by Cephalic Carnage sounds cool, too.

Yeah, brutal was probably the wrong word. I guess I don't listen to most "brutal" stuff because of what sopulurn said, hahah

I'll spend some time looking into these bands.

And I actually find Viraemia's riffs catchy, as opposed to straight up wankery, like that in Brain Drill, or something.

Another genre that I would like to see some magnificent production in is black metal.. I can't be asked to listen to most "classic" black metal because the production is just... ugh.

Closest thing to black metal that I can stand is the 1000 Suns album by Abigail Williams. Other than that, The Breathing Process released a really black metal-ish album with AMAZING production and I LOVE IT.

Ne Obliviscaris-great progressive Black Metal band from Australia, a bit different from most of the
stuff here, imho, but there are soooo many different elements in there and still sounds good.
Wait until the band I started singing in last week records their album ;) (actually a bit true :D )

I dig the Sound of The Amenta's "Occasus", not you're standard "black metal", not even sure if
I should call them black metal, but I love that album and the production fits the vibe.

The Amenta :worship:

and-i-i-i-darth-vader-demotivational-poster-1234540544.jpg