Bugera 6260 vs. Peavey 5150 (Video)

Personally I wouldn't trust this fool to review a packet of fkn crisps (fries), IMO he succeeds in making both amps sound pretty shit compaired to how they can sound.
Most of his reviews are pretty shite.
To set two diffrent amps, even if one is attemting to clone the other at 12 oclock and doing a tone comparison is just plain stupid. Most amps of the same make and model won't sound identical.

The best review I've seen of this amp by a pro reviewer is the Guitar world demo.

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_zPAq-cHZ48[/ame]

The more serious I get in my search for an amp (I'm planning on selling a couple pairs of Axis longboard double bass pedals, let me know if you know anyone who may be interested) I'm thinking of trying to find a used 5150/6505, partially because the more I think about it, I don't know if I would be happy with a cheap knock off, even if it sounded identical. A friend of mine is buying a 5150 of some dude for $200! Lucky bastard!

fuck this video in the hellhole. the video fucking sucks and it's on youtube. nothing on youtube is worth listening to. why in riffs's name hasn't anyone made a GOOD COMPARISON?
there seems to be too much bias on either side concerning this matter. i just jammed with a dude that has a 5150. if i find someone that will let me use their bugera, i will do a fucking straight up, no bullshit comparison WITH MICROPHONES AND THE SAME EXACT CAB. is it really that fucking hard?

fuck this video in the hellhole. the video fucking sucks and it's on youtube. nothing on youtube is worth listening to. why in riffs's name hasn't anyone made a GOOD COMPARISON?
there seems to be too much bias on either side concerning this matter. i just jammed with a dude that has a 5150. if i find someone that will let me use their bugera, i will do a fucking straight up, no bullshit comparison WITH MICROPHONES AND THE SAME EXACT CAB. is it really that fucking hard?

That would be awesome, sir. You have my full support.

i'd do a shootout myself, but i have neither of these amps

and...if i DID...i wouldn't let the bugera into the room with my 5150. ever.

I think if a shootout is done, the comparison should be posted without labeling which amp is which for like a week. This way the brand associated with the sound file won't induce any bias. I think bias can be extremely powerful in these kind of comparisons.

Also I don't mind if something is a knock-off. Thanks to Ibanez and ESP, we are no longer at the mercy of overpriced Gibsons and Fenders. When I buy something, I want to pay for pure tone and quality, not brand name. Most people who listen to your music are not going to care about what brands you used (unless you are John Petrucci). This is musical equipment, not clothes.

As for the Bugera, I'm not ready to speculate based on anecdotal evidence, but the 1 year warranty doesn't impress me (although it is better than buying a used Peavey with 0 warranty). If this thing proves to be durable (given a reasonable amount of care) I think it can be a winner. This is great since not everyone can afford a Road King.

I think if a shootout is done, the comparison should be posted without labeling which amp is which for like a week. This way the brand associated with the sound file won't induce any bias. I think bias can be extremely powerful in these kind of comparisons.

Also I don't mind if something is a knock-off. Thanks to Ibanez and ESP, we are no longer at the mercy of overpriced Gibsons and Fenders. When I buy something, I want to pay for pure tone and quality, not brand name. Most people who listen to your music are not going to care about what brands you used (unless you are John Petrucci). This is musical equipment, not clothes.

As for the Bugera, I'm not ready to speculate based on anecdotal evidence, but the 1 year warranty doesn't impress me (although it is better than buying a used Peavey with 0 warranty). If this thing proves to be durable (given a reasonable amount of care) I think it can be a winner. This is great since not everyone can afford a Road King.

^^ The best post in this thread. :kickass:

Thanks to knock offs we have the 5150 to knock off, we have the mesa recto to knock off, along with many other amps on the market today. They are all knock offs of a knock off anyway.
Fact is tube amp design has evolved very little since the Marshalls and Fenders of the 60's and 70's. Gain pre amps have been added, extra EQ etc, extra channels, but nothing super revolutionary.
The only real inovations to come on the scene in tube amp design has been the multi mode amps like the top line Mesa's and the new JVM Marshall (which is basically a Road king knock off).
What I'd like to see as well as what mintcheerios has suggested, is the Bugera amps in a different original looking cabinet and front pannel. I'd bet not half so many would be slagging them off and writing them off.
I still say my 333XL beats everything I tried along side it, and I'm still waiting for it to break :lol:

I have a Bugera 6260 and so far I like it. I'd been used to using a custom solid-state half-stack from the 70s that only had a clean channel, so I had to use a Boss pedal to get any sort of metal sound of it. The clean from that amp was pretty damn nice, but the Bugera has it beat for gain and power for sure. Also going to be inheriting a 60s Fender tube half-stack, not sure what the model is, but I'll be sure to post that after I pick it up. Should be nice. The Bugera's definitely a good amp for the money, but I sure would like to try an Engl Powerball.

Hahahahahahahaa, paging Lasse :heh: (the biggest Powerball hater on this board, but definitely not the only one!)

It's all about taste I guess. I saw a decent review of the Powerball on Youtube and I thought the clean sound was very nice, distortion was good too. I guess it comes down to personal experiences.