Peavey 5150 vs 5150 II/ Bugera 6260 vs 6262

xAzagthothx

likes jambands, too
Sep 8, 2009
so whats up guys. Is there a big difference between these two amp designs? The only thing I can pick out is that the II's have separate EQ for both channels, and it has one more preamp tube.

Is that it? Do they sound the same? I don't need the clean channel... just the distortion. Does one have more gain than the other?

I used to have a 5150 and used that on our recordings, but I played a Bugera 6262 combo at Guitar Center and REALLY dug that. I can get a Bugera 6260 amp for VERY cheap and want to know basically how similar it sounds to the 6262.

peace guys

It's similar but I wouldn't say it's a direct replacement for the 5150. You can find a used 5150 for fairly cheap on ebay if you look hard enough. I say go for the real deal, especially since you can find them for a reasonable price online. Tried and true amp dude, stick with what works.

so sick of these questions being asked....

basically for the 5150's yes, the 5150II has a seperate eq for the clean channel. it also has "slightly" less gain than the original 5150 but makes up with the clean channel being a lot better. other than that not much difference

yes the 6260/6262 are just 5150 knockoffs, but you can easily get a used 5150 for like 500 bucks ive seen even cheaper. i have a 5150 myself and its fucking amazing, i wouldnt settle for a knockoff

Isn't the 6505 the new 5150? Like, literally the same? I just got a 6505+ and it sounds rather fucking badass.

word, thanks guys.

but for the 439th time, I KNOW THAT THE BUGERAS ARE PEAVEY RIP OFFS. lol.

i was inquiring into the difference IN SOUND between the two MODELS, not the two COMPANIES. so: 5150 vs 5150 II and Bugera 6260 vs 6262.

but yeah i'd heard that the 5150 II had less gain, but i really dug the 6262, so if that model has less gain, then i would assume the 6260 to have more....?

I think if you want a good idea of the different sounds or hopefully some clips, the Andy Sneap equipment forum might have had a few people putting them up against each other. You just might have to search a few pages back :)

The gain is fine; I can get a death metal tone plugging straight into the amp. My main problem is that I can't turn the damn thing up. I'm not allowed to turn the volume knob past 1 (at which point you have to shout to be heard over it).