Poll: Bugera 6262 vs. Peavey 5150 ii

Which one of the amps is used in the first segment of the song?

• Bugera 6262

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • Peavey 5150 ii

Votes: 32 45.1%

• Total voters
On another note:

What could be even more interesting, would be to hear from Ola how his personal experience was with the 2 amps. How was it working with the amps? How do they differantiate in real life. Theyr strengths, weaknesses and qualities.

Well it is quite obvious that both amps are great. Didn't think any clip sounded better or worse just a bit difference.

How much is the bugera version?

The Bugera versions of 5150 and 5150II are about as much as a used Peavey 5150 and 5150II.

I can't see how people say the Bugera is even close to the Peavey. To my ears, there's a huge difference in the amount of presence and clarity! It's like with the Peavey a blanket is lifted from the cab. But I don't know if it's easy to fix with the EQ of the Bugera... Especially noticeable at the 0:50 and 1:10 changes.

heey ola, love to hear more of bugera tests, like 333 vs xxx or JSX, that would be great!
cheers and keep your good work!:) this amp sounds like a good choice for the money, i mean 2626

I can't see how people say the Bugera is even close to the Peavey. To my ears, there's a huge difference in the amount of presence and clarity! It's like with the Peavey a blanket is lifted from the cab. But I don't know if it's easy to fix with the EQ of the Bugera... Especially noticeable at the 0:50 and 1:10 changes.

It might be a bit "cloudier" sounding, but from these clips i preferred the Bugera simply because it has more body to it.

The big lack of Bugera's is the resonance pot. They switched the reso with a reverb but unfortunately resonance is really important to achieve the best sound from a 5150/5150 II

Yeah I think messing with the NFB section of the Bugera would help it out tons. Adding a depth control(resonance) is super easy.

Anyway, I don't know the Bugera...but the 5150 II has less body/gain that 5150 so the gain at 11o'clock is a little too low...Actually I have mine at 12o'clock / 13o'clock.
Same settings are good for the comparison anyway

To be honest I preferred the Bugera in the room. Just sounded better to me. But then I would NEVER buy one for bringing on tour. It was 1 year old and had some stuff falling off :D
But for home use it's hard to justify the extra dough for the 5150.

To be honest I preferred the Bugera in the room. Just sounded better to me. But then I would NEVER buy one for bringing on tour. It was 1 year old and had some stuff falling off :D
But for home use it's hard to justify the extra dough for the 5150.

Thnik the same...5150 has the a nasty fizz on this record, but I heard a lot of better sounding 5150 clips, too. I think you could tweak it a lot better than the bugera?!