Poll: Bugera 6262 vs. Peavey 5150 ii

Which one of the amps is used in the first segment of the song?

• Bugera 6262

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • Peavey 5150 ii

Votes: 32 45.1%

• Total voters

Ola Englund

Only gay in the village
Dec 1, 2001
Stockholm, Sweden
www.olaenglund.com
This is the audio version of my Bugera 6262 and Peavey 5150ii comparison.

All tone knobs at noon. Gain at 11 o clock. Presence at 1-2 o clock. Volume at around 9 o clock.

I'm shifting the amps every 15-20 seconds of the clip. You'll hear a glitch the first time they change. For just the fun of it vote in the poll which amp is the one starting.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3423189/bugpeav.mp3

EDIT: Here's the video btw. Poll closed!

EDIT: ANd here's the Bugera only video. Peavey video coming next week:

Last edited by a moderator:
to me the second segment sounds a lot like most sims of the 5150 I've used, and slightly more focused, so my vote's bugera for the first segment.

Sorry but this is to close for me, i can't give you an oppinion. At first i thought no1 sounded better than the second part. But after that, i can't even make out when it changes again.

Maybe you could insert a kinda like a short "beep" when you change amp? Just for the hearing impaired like me. :)

Nice playing though!

Or maybe because Ola is so skilled he can record a turd going down the drain and make it sound more brootal than a herbert:loco:

Or maybe because Ola is so skilled he can record a turd going down the drain and make it sound more brootal than a herbert:loco:

That's also true :D

While it is great that he has videos of so many high gain amplifiers (and awesomely played and miced, of course), it's not THAT useful when comparing them since they all sound so good :lol:

That's also true :D

While it is great that he has videos of so many high gain amplifiers (and awesomely played and miced, of course), it's not THAT useful when comparing them since they all sound so good :lol:

Well if Ola didnt change anything besides the amp, that means same post prod. etc, then it should give a fairly good indication of the differences (or lack there of).

The second one has that good kind of boxyness to it that i thought the bugera i tried lacked.. so im going with that the first one is the bugera.

On another note:

What could be even more interesting, would be to hear from Ola how his personal experience was with the 2 amps. How was it working with the amps? How do they differantiate in real life. Theyr strengths, weaknesses and qualities.