Poll: Bugera 6262 vs. Peavey 5150 ii

Which one of the amps is used in the first segment of the song?

• Bugera 6262

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • Peavey 5150 ii

Votes: 32 45.1%

• Total voters
I love how 61.29% of the people was incorrect :D

As always... hahaha!

People talks about tones all the time but most of the members are unable to difference between a real amp and an ampsim.

If you do a poll showing the brands of amps or cabs or whatever, people will vote Mesa Boogie (i.e) because the name/brand... when the poll is blind then all is different... well, except if one of the forum gurus say A, then most of the rest will vote A too....:D

No offense guys, but that is what I think.

As always... hahaha!

People talks about tones all the time but most of the members are unable to difference between a real amp and an ampsim.

If you do a poll showing the brands of amps or cabs or whatever, people will vote Mesa Boogie (i.e) because the name/brand... when the poll is blind then all is different... well, except if one of the forum gurus say A, then most of the rest will vote A too....:D

But he should aks whats the better sounding amp, not which is which. I think the poll is meaningless.

But he should aks whats the better sounding amp, not which is which. I think the poll is meaningless.

Maybe he was asking the wrong question. But most people here would say that "Ofcourse the 5150 is the better sounding". So asking which is the 5150 is Almost the same as asking which is better sounding.

The forum trend also shows this. At first most people were voting for the 6262. Then after it was revealed which is which, then suddenly people vote in favor of the 5150.

The poll shows the forum trends, and the forum trends shows the result.

Still, nice work Ola. I had better luck today, as i have my headphones at work. What i found was that the 5150 had more hair, and the 6262 had more body. But only like a 5% difference anyway. I would own either amp and be just as happy.

They posted this vid on the Bugera facebook page and I checked it out. I liked the 5150 before the first switch, but afterwards there wasn't enough a difference to care. Were both amps using the same tubes?

As always... hahaha!

Failing to hear which is a sim or not would be pretty embarrassing(Lucky me i've never done it! ;)).
But i know on other forums(Maybe here to.), where they've had polls where you got to listen to a bunch of clips and guess what amp it was.. boy was the results mixed. :lol:

Yeah I thought I was insane when I sold the 6260, got a 6505 and thought I was having a harder time getting tones from it. The Bugera has a much more usable mid knob range, and more aggressive highs. The 6505 sounds a fair bit more tame in comparison.

I think the key with the Bugera stuff is to get rid of the stock trannies and tubes. They have this really annoying high-mid grain which you can't get out, and it just seems like a symptom of the cheap components in there by default.

Failing to hear which is a sim or not would be pretty embarrassing(Lucky me i've never done it! ;))

Well, try it out yourself... Which one is 6505 and which one is Metalzone+curve EQ :zombie:

Daunt said:
I want to keep my Rockmaster thread clean, so here's another challence. The other one is Peavey 6505 and the other... well it's a hardware unit :)

Sample A
Sample B

You don't need to know the answer. Just say which one sounds better to you? You are going to love this one :lol:

^ YES, that was one of the best threads of all time. Seriously blew my mind, and made CurveEQ one of my go-to tools ever since. I don't even remember the result, and I recall getting it wrong the first time. Listening at really low volume at night here, but 'B' seems to have slightly smoother low-mids, so maybe that's the 6505? A seems a bit more grindy.

I forget, did Daunt run that Metalzone and Curve EQ back out through the 5150 Poweramp?

it's funny, I was thinking about that Metalzone + Curve EQ post just a few days ago