Bulb - New Pop/Rock song up on myspace and soundclick!

bulb

Jan 4, 2007
Hey guys

Been sitting on these rock riffs for a lil bit and decided to try my hand at something a bit more straightforward and simple.
Tweaking a new more rock friendly mix as well, apologies for the fake bass, but my friend is borrowing it at the moment, when i get it back ill retrack with real bass and it should sound considerably better!

It's called "Breeze" and you can hear it here:
http://www.myspace.com/iambulb (2nd song on the page)
http://www.soundclick.com/bulb

Enjoy!

Just downloaded, Brilliant stuff man! Nice and catchy simple!

It sounds like your lead stuff has gotten better too! was already awesome! just sounds even more awesome!

Mix is awesome as always, I think the bass sounds alright! Real bass will probably sound even better!

:loco:

AnimeAestheticscom-EurekaSeven45.jpg

:D

Get Casey to sing all over this thing. Seriously.

I vote for Elliot on this one.

Man, I wish I had the problem of too many talented vocalists to choose from. And sick chops, composition skills, producing ski... I'd better stop there before it starts to sound like I'm working on a pattern for a Bulb skin suit. :lol: "It puts the lotion on its djent!"

I like it. Great chord voicing, as usual. I would have prefered a "big lead" toward the beginning. You're a hell of a soloist. How long have you been at this, Misha?

[UEAK]Clowd;8526172 said:
That's sick!

I love those chords in the very beginning, what are those?

E, with a 2, min 3 then 7 in the scale.

So on my guitar, in Drop A# (don't know what tuning is used in this song), that would be:

D#------------11--
A#--9---h10--10--
F---11--------11--
A#----------------

If that was what you meant...

Seriously! This is one of the best songs I've heard from you. I much prefer this side of you, more towards the alt metal/rock stuff... You can write some catchy melodies and riffs! Please do go ahead with this project man! I do like Periphery, but much prefer this!!

Though this is one of my least favorite mixes from you it's pumping a lot!

thanks a lot dudes!
haha sorry UEAKclowd i dont know chord names, hopefully carlblomqvist has the right idea, so try that out.

thanks a lot dudes!
haha sorry UEAKclowd i dont know chord names, hopefully carlblomqvist has the right idea, so try that out.

Yeah I don't know, it's close - I think it's the synth you have in the background that gives them that great uplifting-but-not-cheesy sound.

Songrwritting is great. I love the solo!

Concerning the mix, oheads are doing strange things due to compression, specially at the end of the song.

That made me smile or even...happy? Great stuff! It got really happy feel without being too sweet. Good leads as allways.