Bulb/Periphery - Racecar Updated!

bulb

Jan 4, 2007
So this has actually been finished for a while but we figured we would wait a bit before showing you a bit more of the song.

Keep in mind all the takes are still rough and it is unmixed of course, we will rerecord the full thing with vocals as soon as they are ready!

You can check it out on soundclick at
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=147108&content=music (the first two songs on the list)
(uploading in two parts was the only way i could get it onto soundclick)
And i uploaded it to myspace as well:
www.myspace.com/iambulb
(had to split it into 3 parts for myspace, sucks i know but at least it goes automatically to the next part there)

Enjoy!

thanks dude!

btw i updated the soundclick version so that its the full 14 minute song in two parts!!

my net computer is no longer my recording computer (thank god) but yeah its the jazz clean with expo chorus and i run my keeley comp in front

I think this is a masterpiece, but I will give you my honest opinion.

What ruins it a bit for me is DFH and the whole sound. It sounds really good but if I didn't know you did this, I would have guessed it was Meshuggah. You should find a band (if you already don't have one) and record it with a real drummer who can put his own spin on it, and work on finding a unique sound tonewise. Musically I think this is better than Meshuggah, and has a kind of influence from there, but still with a unique touch and soul of it's own.

Oh man, the first is fucking great. I normally hate string buzz but there is some towards at the beginning of the last section. Great shit!

musically it's really a good work! some say meshuggah I hear Sikth, it doesn't matter =P
look forward to hear the final bit!

wow this sounds awesome. Everything about this is amazing. What did you use for the guitar sound? I remember reading you use a pod xt? If so, do you use impulses with it or just the cabs in the pod? What settings do you use? What about post processing?

MASTERPIECE! I'm falling in love in your music! OUTSTANDING!

Production is killer too!