Bullet for my Valentine...

Ola Englund

Only gay in the village
Dec 1, 2001
Stockholm, Sweden
www.olaenglund.com
I would never imagine that I would EVER create a thread with Bullet for my Valentine. I have no interests in these kinds of bands BUT I heard they're "Your Betrayal" on radio and was pretty impressed with the production.

Anyone here know who produced/engineered this? The guitars are really juicy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Listened to some old Bulelt for my valentine. All their records sound really good. I remember the Suffocation under words of sorrow single. Damn that song was beaten to death on radio in sweden. Still no fan of the music.

Bfmv changed their appearance (and sound, esp. vocals) with "Scream, Aim, Fire" from Emocore/Metalcore to "true Metal", which I find ridiculous..
(similar to Trivium aka "we don't do uncool metalcore shouts now, we just try to sound like hetfield" *troll-face* )

But to be honest, I really liked their older stuff (bmfv) it's better than a lot of generic metalcore imho.

If you compare the newest cd with either posion or the one that came afterwards (which??) i think the new one don't sound near as good. CLA mixes fits awesome on rock etc but on a little bit heavier stuffm, i think not.

Yeah I remember a while back I heard some of their music from a friend and I was really impressed with the guitar sound, not so much with the music and the vocals. This song you posted wasn't bad though.

The music bores me to tears but I dig this type of bass sound.
It makes everything fatter without overpowering the the low end. Let's discuss it. Sounds like a bridge pickup of some sort to me.
I think Colin Richardson's mixes sound clearer but thin and a bit clinical in comparison which can be cool too but not in that case imvho.

It sounds good, but honestly it's not exactly super awesome metal production reference worthy either.
May as well just listen to The Way of All Flesh. The music is actually good and creative, and the production just slays this.

Not a fan of the band, and the clean vocals give me the same kind of creeps I get when a homeless guy is staring at me with a bottle of liquor in one hand and his dick in the other, but in a negative way. The mix sounds really good, though. I love fat and thick mixes. Even if they sound a little muddy at times, I still usually really dig them over the usual crispy, kinda thin metal mixes.

Not a fan of the band, and the clean vocals give me the same kind of creeps I get when a homeless guy is staring at me with a bottle of liquor in one hand and his dick in the other, but in a negative way. The mix sounds really good, though. I love fat and thick mixes. Even if they sound a little muddy at times, I still usually really dig them over the usual crispy, kinda thin metal mixes.

So the creeps you get when a homeless guy is staring at you with a bottle of liquor in one hand and his dick in the other are generally positive creeps? XD

I agree with others.. it's a decent mix but nothing to write home about. The Poison is a pretty incredible mix, it's the perfect version of the stereotypical metal mix. It's not particularly unique but I love every tone on there, everything fits perfectly.

l_322e57e4cc134b8c9a252dae13f00683.jpg

Don Gilmore & Martyn 'Ginge' Ford during the production of BFMV's 'Fever' album.