Bullet for my Valentine

Andy, if you read this, would it be possible to list recording details for the guitars on this album (which TS, if any, amp channel, cab, and mic config)? And would settings also be too much to ask? :p

This is a seriously raging tone... very well balanced, but gritty and aggressive at the same time, with perfect response to palm muting, and a great midrange roar.

Andy Sneap said:
they're actually using my 5150
no wonder, i was watching headbangers ball and i saw their video, and i thought damn that sounds like trivium, and damn that has a sneapish tone to it.

also their vocals sound like dead on trivium, they even have the same angle as trivium: make poppy metal songs with technical guits and screams/clean singing.

KeithRT99 said:
make poppy metal songs with technical guits and screams/clean singing.
Ravenous Enemy said:
yeah, that's a better comparison ^. I cannot understand why people keep likening them to Atreyu... wtf?!?
The above description could go just as easily for atreyu, albeit with less of the "technical" guitars.

Christ, I don't know if we can have a discussion about music without flaming anybody anymore.

I dig the music. A lot. I also love the tones they're getting. The vocals are the only thing I'd change.

I like BfmV.
I also love Exodus and Kelly Clarkson.
And i like Seeed and Slipknot and whoever makes good songs.

Being open minded is a challenge sometimes for some of us, somehow, i believe....

;)

Rock on!

gumplunger said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithRT99
make poppy metal songs with technical guits and screams/clean singing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenous Enemy
yeah, that's a better comparison ^. I cannot understand why people keep likening them to Atreyu... wtf?!?

The above description could go just as easily for atreyu, albeit with less of the "technical" guitars.

That's the good thing about music: a simple description can be given to two bands without them actually sounding like each other. i.e. clean/dirty vocals + technical guitars = clean/dirty vocals + technical guitars, but Atreyu ≠ BFMV, furthermore, Atreyu ~/~ BFMV

Ravenous Enemy said:
That's the good thing about music: a simple description can be given to two bands without them actually sounding like each other. i.e. clean/dirty vocals + technical guitars = clean/dirty vocals + technical guitars, but Atreyu ≠ BFMV, furthermore, Atreyu ~/~ BFMV
Well sure, but that's just the first thing that popped into my mind when I heard them - a european Atreyu with the singer from Lostprophets - nothing against any of those bands, I have albums from all three actually. I just personally think the album is fairly derivitive and it's the only album with Andy in the credits that I didn't like the mixing on.

And I don't know what "~/~" means, that didn't pop up in my high school algebra.

DOOOH!!!! they are such metallica-early-days wannabees. And the singer sounds quite schizophrenic. It seems like they cant make up there mind, - should we make american emo-radio metall or be a metallica cover band...

But the production rules amazing work.