Andy and Colin co production

Woa, this forum is becoming more like a masterclass, that is, if we can get the masters to spill their craft.

Lemme try:

Hi Colin, Mr. Richardson, I tried your EQsettings on a guitarsubmix with a Waves SSL and didn't like the results very much. Harsh, boomy, shrill and occasionally spitting in my face.

I tried the same settings with the Algoritmix RedEQ and the sound was deep and tied, defined, shimmer and teethtwinklin'.

Now my question: Which EQ's did you try and put aside before you stuck to the mighty Massenberg?

And can the GML9500 be a substitute for the 8200? Got some presets of that one lying around in the Qclone..

:)

Hey Colin, this will take you back....remember Rubella Ballet? Slaughterhouse, Prism, Hubert the Tree, Russell Webster, not to mention the time you put stacks of Bel delay on the kit to put me off!!(gee I must have been around 12 years old at the time!) Sid Bolton, Oak End recording studio in Haisthorpe? The next time after that will have been me doing FOH Bolthrower in Lincoln, you came to see them previous to you doing the albumn!!! Man, how the years pass!! .......Regards, Mikey Bolton (now of Burton Agnes) You still based in Driff?

Here is the Bullet guitar chain ESP guitar with EMG 81 into a Maxon overdrive then into Andy's 5150, cab wise a Mesa Boogie with slanted front , Mic's 57 and 421 into Neve 1073 mic pre's with no EQ
Peavey 5150 settings
Rhythm channel
pre amp 6.5
Bass 6
mid 2
treble 5.5
post gain 3
resonance 7
presense 8
Cheers guy's.

Reactions: Xciter and Eric AJ
everyone's going gaga and respectfully so, if it's really Colin. Where's the proof. Anyone could be coming on here and posting what I've read so far.

Hey Colin how's it going?

Good to see you on here,

Just done another stint with the fightstar guys recording some more album demos - think it's some really next level stuff from them: crushingly heavey meets glorious melody - very ying yang

Hope Matt is behaving himself - send him my regards.

Carl.