burnt dvd's

chainek

Nails or Flippers..?
Feb 14, 2002
U.S. Georgia
www.geocities.com
I got a burnt dvd of a live cob show a while back and my computer dvd player cant play it. The computer thinks the cd drive is empty when it is in their actually. Does anybody know of a program or something that will enable my computer to read the dvd? I want to get it on my computer so I can enhance the audio on it then re-burn it as just mpeg. I know I could play it with a regular dvd player then stream it to my videocard and soundcard but I dont really want to do that.

Any ideas?

I think it's an actual dvd. They guy I got it from said he burnt it in a dvd-burner. When I goto the drive letter of the dvd (D:\) in 'my computer' it shows that there is nothing in the drive.

I'll check those programs out and see if either of them work. Thanks for the info :)

Originally posted by chainek
I got a burnt dvd of a live cob show a while back and my computer dvd player cant play it. The computer thinks the cd drive is empty when it is in their actually. Does anybody know of a program or something that will enable my computer to read the dvd? I want to get it on my computer so I can enhance the audio on it then re-burn it as just mpeg. I know I could play it with a regular dvd player then stream it to my videocard and soundcard but I dont really want to do that.

Any ideas?

it has to be a DVD drive, in case you really mean your CD drive ;)

hm I use PowerDVD, too. And it plays DVDs and (S)VCDs. Perhaps the country code causes your problem? Then try DVD Genie additionaly. It should be compatible with most softwareplayers.

yeah, i ment dvd drive actually. i tried it both in my burner and my dvd drive just to see if the computer could read it and both showed that their is no disc.

Im not sure exactly what kind of dvd disc it is.. the guy put some graphics on the disc itself so that it looks like a professionally made dvd. It's weird that my computer doesn't even show that a disc in in the drive. With normal dvds i can open up the drive and it will show the files on the disc.

I'll check that dvd genie out too. Thanks for the info.