anyone familiar with nero burning program?

mrthrax

riffer madness
Feb 17, 2002
australia
Visit site
nero burning program has come my way and it has an option to convert video files to vcd dvd format,i have tried unsuccessfully to copy mpegs to vcd format to play on my dvd player,am i missing something i only have a normal cd writer but program does say it converts during burning process?

thanks

i am fucking hopeless at all this computer shit lol

Nero will convert and burn it with a regular burner but it takes just shy of forever for any normal sized file to be converted.

A lot of problems come with it though:

You have to burn on 1x to prevent problems.

You have to make sure your DVD player is compatible. ( http://www.vcdhelp.com ) Sometimes they say they are and aren't though like mine :(

And worst of all 75% of the time a movie file you burn will at one point have a seperation of Audio and Video where one gets ahead of the other and stays that way for the whole movie.

I use Nero to burn all my VCD's, but the biggest problem is the lag that Ragamuffin alluded to, which means you've wasted a blank CD.

My preference is to convert AVI files ahead of time, so I can see if there will be a lag before I burn. You can download freeware versions of "AVI DCM" (a decompressor program) and "avi2vcd" (which converts the decompressed avi to vcd compatible mpeg files, so Nero doesn't have to do any converting itself).