Bury Your Dead

Paramore rulz, I've been rocking to "Decode" and their latest album recently alot. If that makes me gay then HELL YEAH and bring on the black dildos! :headbang:

Progresive Vegan Grindcore.... C'mon, let's not go into 'only minor threat was trve' hardcore. Put on The Color Of Money and mosh it up :kickass:

That's not, what I'm sayin'. I don't give a shit about uber-sensitive genre-creations (I'm relatively sure some shithead-band actually call themeselves Progressive Vegan Grindcore and are dead-serious about it *haha*) so that's not what I wanted to say in my post. But there is a line between metal and hardcore. And bands like BYD are clearly on the metal-side of it.

(I'm relatively sure some shithead-band actually call themeselves Progressive Vegan Grindcore and are dead-serious about it *haha*)

Oh, it was just a reference to [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecIB-4Ay4UY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecIB-4Ay4UY[/ame]

Anyway, i still think if you put terror on one side of the scale, and say, nevermore on the other one. I'd still put byd in the hardcore side of things. But let's cut the theoretical crap and mosh it up :lol:

I get so confused with bands like Bury Your Dead, As I Lay Dying, All That Remains, Dead to Fall, etc. I see one of their names, and I picture the same band.

That's not, what I'm sayin'. I don't give a shit about uber-sensitive genre-creations (I'm relatively sure some shithead-band actually call themeselves Progressive Vegan Grindcore and are dead-serious about it *haha*) so that's not what I wanted to say in my post. But there is a line between metal and hardcore. And bands like BYD are clearly on the metal-side of it.

I don't think they are on thre metal side at all dude. And there isn't a clear line between metal and hardcore at all . Being from Mass where all this shitt basically spawns from, I can say that this is more on the core side. It's definitely a hybrid
.... don't wanna get a genre war going and I don't really care that much, but they are on the bills with all the other similar core style bands and the bandana wearing spin-kicking scene kids come out the woodwork.

+1

I don't care what label you put on them and the billion sound-alikes because genre borders are fluent anyway.

I just care about the music... and it's basically as exciting to me as a stay at the doctor's waiting room. Just horribly redundant.

I loved byd with their old singer :/
and their old records are hardcore in my book.

Yeah Matt Bruso was a big part of their sound IMO. I was never a BYD enthusiast, but I have to admit that You had me at Hello is definitely a guilty pleasure of mine. Cover Your Tracks wasn't bad, and I did like the concept of Beauty and the Breakdown (except the guitar drove me nuts). I listened to the new album when it came out....and almost forgot it did till now ha. I will have to refresh my memory before I pass judgment.

"So put on your dancing shoes, because its time to rock (its fucking time to rock baby)!" -Greatest lyrics ever written, now that's talent :worship:

fuck I love mina threat!

while everyone argues about sub genres and shit, I`m gonna pump some "guilty for being white" and jump around like lunatic. then I`m gonna help an old lady across the street and carry her groceries home, cause I`m on the straight edge.