BURZUM where is it gone?

I know Varg decided to stop doing Burzum about a year or so ago and the website was apparently to stay up until he decided to have it taken down. Maybe that's what happened.

About the "Det Som Engang Var" release;

Is there a difference between the digi pak version and the standard one, such as additinal tracks or anything?

Were they both released around the same time?

Originally posted by Russell
I can barely hide my indifference :err:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Burzum aren't bad musically, I like all their album a lot. Especially the last ones with the minimal ambient style are very good for relaxing. If only that guy wasn't such a joke (and a bad one at this)... I guess nobody's perferct :D :D :D :D I heard that he was writing a book right now (prepare for great laughs)...

Originally posted by Kveldssanger
:lol: :lol: :lol: Burzum aren't bad musically, I like all their album a lot. Especially the last ones with the minimal ambient style are very good for relaxing. If only that guy wasn't such a joke (and a bad one at this)... I guess nobody's perferct :D :D :D :D I heard that he was writing a book right now (prepare for great laughs)...

:lol: Yeah, it was up on the internet for a while, I believe it's finally been published under the name Vargsmal.. It probably featured great lines like this from his website:

" Any group of people that indulges in small-mindedness, petty hatred or self-important political strife for the purposes of passive manipulation must henceforth be declared Jewish and sent directly to the ovens"

:rolleyes:

In my opnion Varg is a good musician, and i know he read alot of Nitshce how ever i dont like the point that he is national socaist or pro nazi. And i dont like National Soclism in genreal, i think it has no place in metal.

:lol: Yeah, it was up on the internet for a while, I believe it's finally been published under the name Vargsmal.. It probably featured great lines like this from his website:

" Any group of people that indulges in small-mindedness, petty hatred or self-important political strife for the purposes of passive manipulation must henceforth be declared Jewish and sent directly to the ovens"

:rolleyes:

:lol: now that's a man who's brimful of shit... so pathetic i can't even find words to express my disgust.

About the "Det som engang var" cd:
As far as I know it was released in a jewel-case in 900 copies and Varg sold them himself if I'm not mistaken. This was in '93 I think. In '94 he released it through his own label Cymophane (which the jewel-case also had been as far as I know), but had Misanthrope distribute it and it was released as a digi-pack in a much larger amount of copies.
As far as I know, the version I have is the original digi-pack. It's kind of soft and has a glossy finish. It was also reprintet later on and was a little harder and didn't have that glossy finish. There's no difference between the jewelcase and the digi, except for the packaging.

I don't really see his point in saying that the keyboard stuff is the only right way, because the other stuff was "my pals" music. He claims he made ambient instead, because it was "true heathen music" or some shit like that. I don't know if it's just me, but I don't think the vikings and shit used computers and keyboards when they played music. But then again, you'll never know!

Originally posted by Kveldssanger
Especially the last ones with the minimal ambient style are very good for relaxing

do me a favor listen to klaus schultze...

not to this crappy and boring political synths!

rick wakeman pompous?

don't make me laugh!

varg is pompous ...

pardon pimpous!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:D

Originally posted by Board
I don't really see his point in saying that the keyboard stuff is the only right way, because the other stuff was "my pals" music. He claims he made ambient instead, because it was "true heathen music" or some shit like that. I don't know if it's just me, but I don't think the vikings and shit used computers and keyboards when they played music. But then again, you'll never know!

I was under the impression it was because he wasn't allowed o use guitar in prison :err: Infact I know he wasn't so that must have been a deciding factor in the change :)

I was under the impression it was because he wasn't allowed o use guitar in prison :err: Infact I know he wasn't so that must have been a deciding factor in the change :)
As far as I've read, it was something about him saying that he had realized that the stuff he had made in the past was made up of forign stuff, like rock, english lyrics and also other foreign elements. I can't quite remember precisly what it was, but he didn't say anything about it was because he wasn't allowed a guitar in the prison, but it was some shit about the stuff he made on the two last records were "true heathen Scandinavian music" or something like that. That's what didn't make that much sense to me, as he said somehting about that he had to express himself like the Vikings did and all that stuff.