Burzum?

ShadowOfDeath

Warrior of Black Metal
Sep 20, 2003
New Hampshire
firec0re.net
I'm confused, I've heard this band online and think they're a great black metal band but i downloaded a few songs off Kazaa a while ago under Burzum but they were all noise, except for a recording of the vocalist about the death of Euronymous. Is Burzum a noise/black metal band or is there another group or artist under the name burzum that plays noise or something like that, so far all the mp3's i've found on sites online are black metal ones, and they are metal sites.

Help?

PS: I found mp3 samples on http://www.nsbm.org/bands/burzum/index.html but i don't know if they were noise or just instrumentals but with the few noise songs there was one similar to the stuff off of the last 2 albums. =/

I don't know how to repond...perhaps you have low quality files?

I wouldn't call them noise...just minimalist with raw production. And unnecessarily, yet somehow effectively, harsh vocals.

Maybe i am. I was listening to a noise band known as merzbow who has that same kinda sound. But Burzum has some great work black metal wise. And yes the whole black metal production thing is stupid, even though i listen to very little bm i can hear everything well, just can't decipher the lyrics unless i'm reading a booklet or page online with the lyrics, if such a thing exists for the band(s).

I downloaded Blast From The Ancient Past or something and it seemed like a lot of noise in a way too, not the Burzum I was used to. Maybe that happened to you?

Well Burzum has no noise in the Mezbrow sense, but "Dungeons of Darkness" off the debut is indeed nothing but noises. "Den Onde Kysten" and "Svarte Troner" or more or less just noise as well. Then there are the keyboard songs, if you think their noise your kind of unintelligent...

It's hard to give you advice when Kazaa is so unreliable with regard to song titles.

It's possible that you've genuinely downloaded some random noise. There are certain fuckers on all P2P systems who think it's funny to record a bunch of white noise and label it with a real song-title, causing grief for any dial-up users who try to get the files. Apparently record companies do that too, to try and clog up the systems with crap and discourage further use.

Actually, it means "the Darkness," not just "Darkness."

Insert joke relating to the British rock band here.