Burzum

Soilent Goat

May 26, 2002
Holy shit...I just now heard Burzum..and I'm absolutely fucking mesmorized. Varg may be a media whore but Christ could he ever churn out some good black metal. His vocals are seriously the most tortured sounding I've ever heard..and the music just encompasses all that is pain and fucking hate. This is amazing stuff.

Yeah. I've only ever heard one of their albums. Fucks me which one it was, but I was blown away. I'm not the biggest Black Metal fan, although I do have my favs, but that Burzum album was great. I would definitly like to add their shit to my collection. Have you heard Anaal Nathrahk? Frost? Those to bands are, for me, way kool. Very 'necro' sounding. Frost in particular is so raw. They way it should be. Great stuff.

Vargs vocals are amazing. and its Anaal Nathrakh... tis a tough one to spell... and Frost... their both good bands. Mick also has a few other bands: Aborym, Lashfrenzy, Fukpig and Mistress... pity he fucked up on the production of the Unsanctum album. tom.

I have Hvis lyset tar oss, and I think its fucking brilliant. Just great black metal. I wish Varg would get out of prison and stop this bullshit about the guitar being a "my pals instrument". Thats just fucking ridiculous.

Unsanctum said:
Vargs vocals are amazing. and its Anaal Nathrakh... tis a tough one to spell... and Frost... their both good bands. Mick also has a few other bands: Aborym, Lashfrenzy, Fukpig and Mistress... pity he fucked up on the production of the Unsanctum album. tom.

no way! hehe what a bummer!

and you forgot Katapult and Disgust...... :)

Charubic Murder said:
I have Hvis lyset tar oss, and I think its fucking brilliant. Just great black metal. I wish Varg would get out of prison and stop this bullshit about the guitar being a "my pals instrument". Thats just fucking ridiculous.

he just says that because he's such a crap guitarist! :tickled:

Charubic Murder said:
it was not the guitar, but the drums. nonetheless it's a plain wrong statement... percussion-like instruments can be found in almost any culture's music...

Unsanctum said:

Anaal..., Frost and Mistress are awsome bands. Necro BM at it's best as far as I'm concerned. I'm yet to hear Fukpig and Mick's other bands although, I've heard good things about them. What do you guy's think of Negura Bunget?

the_dying said:
His first albums were good. The ambient stuff sucks and his ever changing image sucks the most. Satanist, heathen, nazi,... What's next? Muslim?

Heh I think all albums rock. and as for his look.. IMO Vargs damn hot :D :p

Np:Burzum-War

I have the first three BURZUM albums and they are pretty good but not great, Varg's vocals have no variation and become one dimensional, these would be much better if Varg had varied his vocal technique more.

Musically they are very good for this time period, not my favorites though.