Burzum's Varg Vikernes busted

Stingray11214

OSA Triumvir
Oct 21, 2005
I know that Varg Vikernes (Burzum, ex-Mayhem) is akin to Osama bin Laden and Hitler around here. However, he is a part of metal history, so I figured that it would be OK to post it here. Vikernes cannot seem to stay out of the sights of Law Enforcement. He was arrested in France after his wife bought 4 rifles. He was arrested on suspicion that he might commit a "terrorist act".

For those of you who do not know who Varg is, he was previously known as Count Grishnackh in the band Mayhem. He was active in the Black Metal Inner Circle with Mayhem leader Euronymous until August 1993, when Vikernes murdered Euronymous. Vikernes was sentenced to 21 years in prison in 1994 but released in 2009, despite attempting an escape in 2003.

Da link to the story: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/neo-nazi-musician-arrested-france-article-1.1401182

Fuck this guy. I know some on this forum like his music, and I'm usually the type that doesn't judge based on personal life. However, I don't think I could ever get into this guy due to the person he is.

He has put out some decent material, but that does not sway him from the bullshit he writes about and preaches on his little website.
Freedom of speech is very important but at the same time, if you start practicing what you preach, especially if you're Varg, you're not going to have a good time.

I am all for nationalistic pride and honoring/praticing your past heritage traditions, but when it involves neo-nazism and that kind of fucked up stuff it negates everything you do and stand for.

I think his music is more influential than good and there's no way to discuss the evolution of Black Metal without him. That said, he's a world class douche. If they can prove the charges against him they should string him up.

I am waiting for this to become a "Pro Guns x Anti Guns" debate.

Popcorn is in the microwave. Beer in the cooler. Whoever wants to sit and join me watching the debacle, pull up a chair. :lol:

Glad I'm not alone. The hate for Varg here is near ironic levels.

It's one thing to hate him for his beliefs, but you don't deserve to get arrested on "terrorism" over them though. People have the right to be racist, no matter how stupid racism is.

Really, because my mathematic calculations (1994 + 21 = 2015) show that he should still be in jail for murder from his previous conviction. Karma is a bitch you know. Just ask OJ.

Thankfully the legal system doesn't operate on "karma", and Varg got released today.