Bush-era B-sides & misc. (Attack of Killer Bs 2??)

Drokk

Scavenger of Human Sorrow
Apr 28, 2005
Peklo
Sorry if the thread title is cryptic. I've recently got a compilation of a load of Bush-era B-sides and other miscellany, including soundtrack stuff. (Thanks to JackfromCzech!!!) All taken from the original sources. I have a big list, 22 tracks, 86 minutes of music. I have questions about some, particularly track 8; I'm sure y'all can help me:

1. Bordello of Blood
2. London--from Airheads. Nice! Is this a cover?
3. Rip it Out--Kiss cover? Frank on vox? B-side?
4. Love her all I can--Frank? Kiss again? B-side?
5. Noisegate--SOWN Japanese Bonus track, right?
6. Poison My Eyes
7. Looking Down Barrel of Gun--Beasties cover (Paul's) B-side?
(I've heard Charlie play this groove...)
8. I don't know this one--old VHish groove--"you say that you love me/and I hardly know your name/and if I say I love ya in a candlelight, there's no-one but myself to blame"...big Daltry-ish chorus by Frank--"too late"--The Who? Please help!
9. Destroyer--B-side??
10. She (Kiss of course) B? Kiss my Ass?
11. Remember Tomorrow (sweet)
12. No Time this time--Police--B?
13. Walk over you--cover?--B?
14. Phantom Lord (AWESOME)--appeared on a Metallica tribute, right?
15. I'd rather be sleeping
16. Giving Horns
17. The Bends
18. Next to You--Bello singing Police-- B?
19. Ghost
20. We're a Happy Family
21. Whiplash
22. Friggin' in the Riggin'

I know I'm missing some, like Auf Wiedersehen (Cheap Trick)--where is this? My point is, there is enough fuckin' music here for 2-discs! Do y'all think a second Attack of the Killer Bs could ever happen? I'm sure there are rights issues with the film tracks. I would pick it up in a fuckin' second. Some great music here!! Frankie singing the Police was a major fuckin' treat. Great shit here! I think this stuff would pale in comparison to the first Killer Bs. Maybe somebody should make a nice bootleg....Thanks again Honzo!!

London is the cover of The Smiths (Morrissey, Marr)
Frankie is singing the Kiss covers probably
Looking Down...was released on the first Beavis and Butthead compilation
She was on Kiss My Ass
Next To You-Taking The Music Back single

that´s all I know, later dude and say hi to Blanka for me :)

This is what Killer A's should have been..should have called it Revenge of The Killer B's or something. All the B-sides the bands done since Bush has been with them are all pretty good. Add a couple of live tracks and it would have been sweet.

Track 8 is called "It's Late" and they've recorded for the Queen tribute "Dragon Attack".Destroyer has been recorded for the Twisted Sister tribute(I don't remember exactly the name of the album)."No time this time" was on the "Fueled" japanese e.p,"Walk all over you" on the AC/DC tribute "Thunderbolt"."Phantom Lord" is not on any Metallica tribute cd.This one is on the ECW Extreme cd compilation.

Diodude said:
Track 8 is called "It's Late" and they've recorded for the Queen tribute "Dragon Attack".Destroyer has been recorded for the Twisted Sister tribute(I don't remember exactly the name of the album)."No time this time" was on the "Fueled" japanese e.p,"Walk all over you" on the AC/DC tribute "Thunderbolt"."Phantom Lord" is not on any Metallica tribute cd.This one is on the ECW Extreme cd compilation.

It's Late on DRAGON ATTACK is not credited to Anthrax but to John Bush (v) - Scott Ian (g) - Zachary Throne (g) - Joey Vera (b) - Jason Ian (d)

The TS tribute CD is called TWISTED FOREVER (2001 Kochrecords)

And Phantom Lord is track 4 on the Metallica tribute CD A TRIBUTE TO THE FOUR HORSEMEN (2002 Nuclear Blast)

Yeah, I never see Anthrax Singles where I live, Bees one kicked ass, and a second would deffinatly rock, I didn't know they covered We're a Happy Family!

I didn't know they covered We're a Happy Family!

Yep, I didn't know either, but it's on the European Nuclear Blast WCFYA Summer Festival Edition, I thought.
NB_1132.jpg

According to NB's website, this edition has a Bonus CD, but I could swear I've seen a single-edition here in Prague with We're a Happy Family.
Anyway, Bonus CD: Summer 2003:
01. Safe Home(radio edit)
02. Grunt & Click
03. Dethroned Emperor
04. Celebrated Summer
05. Watchin´You
06. Auf Wiedersehen
07. Cowboy Song
08. London

It's Late on DRAGON ATTACK is not credited to Anthrax but to John Bush (v) - Scott Ian (g) - Zachary Throne (g) - Joey Vera (b) - Jason Ian (d)
Who are Zachary Throne and Jason Ian?

You forgot "Grunt and click".
I know, I've already got the Beyond Records 2001 re-issue of Stomp 442, but not SOWN.
Thanks for the info everybody! We should somehow petition for a second Killer Bs. There's too much good shit here that needs to be in one place!

i have the japanese version of wcfya and WE'RE A HAPPY FAMILY is on that.
RIP IT OUT is a cover from ace frehely's kiss solo album (if that makes sense).
you're missing EXIT which is a U2 cover and a great song. i don't know why GHOST wasn't on wcfya it's a great quick song. yeah they should release something i'd love to have some of the stuff i can't find. maybe when they owe some record company an album they'll put a box set or something together. though i doubt they'll have all these on it. i dont think the record company would make much money after they paid out all the publishing and royalty rights for all the cover songs. the band dosn't make dick on album sales to begin with. (why was lars bitching about napster ?. i guess he wanted to make sure electra could make all the money off his band they could. if you've seen some kinda monster he looks like he's fairing the downloadable music storm just fine.)

Diodude said:
Track 8 is called "It's Late" and they've recorded for the Queen tribute "Dragon Attack".Destroyer has been recorded for the Twisted Sister tribute

The disc was called Twisted Forever - if I remember correctly, it was released on Spitfire in the U.S.

Sorry, guess I should have read the other posts before adding my two cents... it was indeed released on Koch, not Spitfire. My bad.

Who are Zachary Throne and Jason Ian?

Zachary Throne is a friend of the band who also used to play in a Hüsker Dü covers band (called, Dü Hüsker) with Charlie.

Jason Ian is Scott's brother (check out the Madhouse video, he's the one that looks like........... well, Scott's brother).

we're a happy family and safe home acoustic are standard tracks on the UK version of WCFYA. I remember being really pissed when i bought the cool but waaay too destructible cardboard box special edition for these extras, then my mate bought the standard version and had them too! i felt cheated, out of both money and a home for the CD (I dont get on with those digipack thingies.

fuelee2004 said:
This is what Killer A's should have been..should have called it Revenge of The Killer B's or something. All the B-sides the bands done since Bush has been with them are all pretty good. Add a couple of live tracks and it would have been sweet.

Originally they were going to put out a Killer Bs 2 album, then changed their mind and went with a greatest hits album. I was pissed.

Mr Blackwell said:

I'd like to hear this, I love the original Queen version

Sgt-D said:
'thrax had some awesome rare tracks with John. Too bad that they can't be compiled (or won't be).

Overall, I'm only missing one rare Anthrax song (pissin' me off, too), "I Am The Law '91."

That was on the Bring The Noise CD single, right? It's not too different from the original from what I remember.