Buy your airline tickets now!

booB

Señor Member
Mar 25, 2003
Cleveland, OH USA
... if you haven't already.

Airlines are BEGGING people to make reservations before the recession gets any worse... to the point of slashing airfares like crazy. I just placed my reservation on AirTran like I do every year, only this year I spent $150 instead of the usual $250 on my flight.

I might drive. I am kinda of on this driving kick as of late. I really want to drive through the Smokey Mountains at some point and this might be a good time to try.

Blargh.. They're down about $200 but we may not be in Albany come Sept..... Direct flights are still almost $500 and I can get $160 out of NYC which may be where we're living by then.

Screw that noise, I am waiting and hoping Delta comes down.. They are at $458 as compared to $300 last year!! I really wish I didn't have some many miles that I could bail on delta and go with another carrier.

WHOA I just checked they are down to $278! they were $458 last week, I think I will get them!

Bear

Still haven't found a cheaper flight. I'll keep checking.

Is there any thing that will inform you about prices of flights going down?

... if you haven't already.

Airlines are BEGGING people to make reservations before the recession gets any worse... to the point of slashing airfares like crazy. I just placed my reservation on AirTran like I do every year, only this year I spent $150 instead of the usual $250 on my flight.

THANKS for posting this...I just booked mine from Raleigh for only $129 including taxes/fees! Sweet!

Wow! AirTran and Delta both are $108 ROUND TRIP from Richmond, VA to Atlanta, GA. You can't drive for that cheap!

EDIT: Steve and I bought our tickets for $100 round trip (before taxes). After taxes - $129.

We bought TWO round trip tickets this year for the price of ONE round trip ticket last year! Wow!

Damn!!!! tickets from El Paso are still expensive, our tickets to Hawaii are cheaper than to Atlanta ($198 r/t to hawaii versus $458 to Atlanta) thank god we are getting frequent flier miles to and from Hawaii so I will use them, plus two champion fares.

Wow! AirTran and Delta both are $108 ROUND TRIP from Richmond, VA to Atlanta, GA. You can't drive for that cheap!

EDIT: Steve and I bought our tickets for $100 round trip (before taxes). After taxes - $129.

We bought TWO round trip tickets this year for the price of ONE round trip ticket last year! Wow!
We drove to ATL all the way from house in PA for less than $100 last year and gas was $4+/gal! Richmond is a 3 hour trip for me. However, those are really good prices on air tickets. I actually enjoy the drive now (11-13 hours). Driving in the south is enjoyable compared to the north east! It also makes it easier to travel with tools by driving.

Edit: BTW, roundtrip from Baltimore (BWI) to Atlanta (ATL) is $159.20 on AirTran! That is pretty incredible.

We drove to ATL all the way from house in PA for less than $100 last year and gas was $4+/gal! Richmond is a 3 hour trip for me. However, those are really good prices on air tickets. I actually enjoy the drive now (11-13 hours). Driving in the south is enjoyable compared to the north east! It also makes it easier to travel with tools by driving.

It's debatable if Steve and I drive down from Fredericksburg or if we fly from DC or Richmond. It's about the make or break point IMHO.

Yeah, it may be a bit more expensive to fly (considering it's two of us), but we don't have to deal with the mess of driving 9 to 10 hours. I've driven to Atlanta (two day trip), but I don't know if I'd really want to do it in one day. Flying is soooooo much easier. :lol:

Screw that noise, I am waiting and hoping Delta comes down.. They are at $458 as compared to $300 last year!! I really wish I didn't have some many miles that I could bail on delta and go with another carrier.

WHOA I just checked they are down to $278! they were $458 last week, I think I will get them!

Bear

Air Tran has a special book now fly until NOV. Most specials I've been getting have only been fly before July. Hang on,,, finding link...though you don't know that... :Smokin: San Francisco, CA $265 RT * No min. stay, Nonstop flights, One-way for half the roundtrip fare, Travel through 11/4/09 (AirTran) asterik means unadvertised can be dropped at any time. I'm on airfare watchdog.

It's debatable if Steve and I drive down from Fredericksburg or if we fly from DC or Richmond. It's about the make or break point IMHO.

Yeah, it may be a bit more expensive to fly (considering it's two of us), but we don't have to deal with the mess of driving 9 to 10 hours. I've driven to Atlanta (two day trip), but I don't know if I'd really want to do it in one day. Flying is soooooo much easier. :lol:
Yeah, I hear ya. By the time you get done with driving to the airport, parking, checking in, security, and the rest it really starts to add up. We made it down in 11 hours last year with stops and all. I could probably make it in 7-8 from Richmond.

Ahh very true, my GF and brother usually come down with me, so I'd be buying two tickets if we flew. My bro usually can't afford to add on a flight
too. It would be nice to fly except for the increased cost and inconvenience of dealing with security (especially now with guitar tech tools and all). Besides, we make it an adventure. Usually takes us lkonger to get back because we are more liberal with our stops and have more fun. I do not like driving down there over night though. Done that twice, won't do it again!