Where do you buy your Christian Metal?

Parched Earth

Isaiah 53:2
Dec 7, 2011
With the help of this forum, I'm expanding my collection of Christian metal CDs. So I was wondering, where do you all buy your Christian metal? I've found a couple online vendors, but I was wondering if there are any more out there. And, no...I don't work for any of these companies. :) Of course, I am in the US, so most of these sites are American as well, as I usually try to avoid international shipping costs.

At Youngside Records I've been able to find bands like HB, Sacrecy, Scandinavian Metal Praise, and Random Eyes for $12 a piece. These CDs go for much more on Amazon.

Divine Metal Distro is a new find for me. I just placed an order including the limited edition MoS (for the completist in me, as I already own MoS, of course). They just finished a 35% off sale and now are having a sale of free shipping on orders over $25. You can also pick out a free CD (from a list) for every $20 you spend. We'll see how quickly they ship.

I grabbed some Galactic Cowboy albums for dirt cheap from Girder Music a few years ago. (Even though I don't consider Galactic Cowboys to be Christian metal). They don't have a huge selection, but they have a great Christmas time sale every year.

I've browsed sites like Radiant Records and Rivel Records, but I haven't ordered from them yet. Anyone have experience with either of them?

Then I've also used places like CD Inzane, Laser's Edge, and The End Recordshttp://theomegaorder.com. They all specialize in metal, but not Christian metal.

Any other sites have good deals on Christian Metal?

I'm mostly digital now too, so it's iTunes for me.

Nightmare Records seems like a good site and has some decent giveaways.

And I did recently find an amazing jazz trumpeter's cd for $1 at a Salvation Army store.:yow:

Edit:
Just to clarity, jazz muso James Morrison is a Christian, and his trumpet is metal!:lol:

I buy mostly digital, so Amazon and iTunes for me. Honestly, I'd rather have CD's. I like having a the booklet, artwork, and just having something I can actually hold in my hands. But the fact is that I need to manage my money carefully, and digital is cheaper. When you buy music fairly regularly, the savings add up pretty quickly.

Unfortunately, not all the albums I want are available in digital format. I've ordered some off Amazon and Amazon UK (for imports), and some from artists or their labels. I'll take a look at the sites mentioned here. Divine Metal Disco sounds promising.

Used to buy some physical copies on a website called www.cdwow.com, which has a huge collection of music and is quite cheap too. However, their services are most sloppy, and usually it's just hoping the album will actually reach you. I stopped purchasing music there a while ago because I found a (more expensive, but fast and better organised) Dutch webshop (called www.bol.com). Actually I just got BTA's Celestial Completion and 7 Days' Into Forever in the mail, so for now this shop will be a proper substitute for cdwow.com.

LOL at Rawshik. So it seems most of you buy digital. The anal collector in me compels me to get the physical format whenever I can. I only buy digital if that's the only format it's available in. I certainly understand trying to keep costs down, as I buy an average of one CD a week (and have for about 15 years!). By searching for sales, I usually don't spend more than $12 for a CD (including limited editions - for example, I ended up getting Nightwish - Imaginareum 2CD special edition for 35% off at CD Inzane, which came out to about $11-$12). It's harder, though, to find more obscure stuff for cheap.

As for christian metal I'd recommend (they all have international shipping):

Soundmass: http://www.soundmass.com - Australia, good prices, cheap shipping rates
Whirlwind Records: http://shop.whirlwind-records.com - Germany, great prices
Nordic Mission: http://www.nordicmission.net - Norway

Amazon, amazon marketplace and ebay are also good options...
So are cdbaby.com, theomegaorder.com and nightmarerecords.com (run by Lance King, (former) singer of Pyramaze and Balance of Power).
Roxx Productions have good prices for their releases: http://roxxproductions.storenvy.com

By the way: I ordered once from Rivel Records without problems!

Well, for Audiovision, Darkwater, Harmony, Incrave, Innerwish, Ivory Moon, and Theocracy, buying from Ulterium Records is the best way to get the largest part of your purchase price directly helping the band. Buying from others means someone else has to take a cut. Something to consider; I realize the shipping costs are higher for us Americans.

http://ulteriumstore.bigcartel.com/category/cds

I'll third the suggestion of Nightmare Records (based here in Minneapolis). Lance King carries a *ton* of Christian metal (and he's the official North American distributor for Ulterium's bands). He used to have a way you could narrow his titles on the site to Christian metal, but I'm not seeing that now. I've bought from him a ton - always a happy transaction.

http://nightmarerecords.com/NMR/

Nope, I'm just pointing out that less money flows to the band that way, but there's definitely nothing wrong with it. I usually try to buy in a route most directly to the band, so that the band gets the most benefits. Sometimes it means I have to pay a little more (I realize ordering from Ulterium means international shipping). For some bands I am willing to pay more to do that, for many I go with the cheapest route for me.

I was just pointing it out as a consideration some people might not be aware of. Every extra person in the distribution chain has to take a cut of the purchase price. In a world where so many people steal the music, every paying customer who buys it from a legitimate seller is a superstar! :worship:

Nope, I'm just pointing out that less money flows to the band that way, but there's definitely nothing wrong with it. I usually try to buy in a route most directly to the band, so that the band gets the most benefits. Sometimes it means I have to pay a little more (I realize ordering from Ulterium means international shipping). For some bands I am willing to pay more to do that, for many I go with the cheapest route for me.

I was just pointing it out as a consideration some people might not be aware of. Every extra person in the distribution chain has to take a cut of the purchase price. In a world where so many people steal the music, every paying customer who buys it from a legitimate seller is a superstar! :worship:

I was addressing the thread in general, but that was a really great response. :D

Dutch metal shop (mostly Christian Metal): First Paradox. They seem to have them all. :) Also, they're quite a bit less expensive than Bol.com. ;)

EDIT: Btw, guess which band they have on their homepage?

Dutch metal shop (mostly Christian Metal): First Paradox. They seem to have them all. :) Also, they're quite a bit less expensive than Bol.com. ;)

Thanks for putting this one up! They're indeed substantionally cheaper than Bol.com and yay: free shipping! Now if only I could get PayPal to work with my bank...:(

Thanks for putting this one up! They're indeed substantionally cheaper than Bol.com and yay: free shipping! Now if only I could get PayPal to work with my bank...:(

Free shipping? To which countries? I don't speak Dutch and the English version of that site doesn't seem as good, so I'm having trouble getting info on it.