Other Christian bands on Ulterium Records

SeaStorm

Jun 24, 2004
Minnesota, USA
As I read through this board, I notice two things:

1. A lot of Theocracy fans who listen to *only* Christian metal
2. A lot of Theocracy fans who aren't aware of the other Christian bands on Ulterium Records

As such, I thought I'd list them out and include a song so people can easily check them out and see if they like them!

These are the other Christian bands on Ulterium Records along with Theocracy (in alphabetical order). Some are explicitly Christian, others don't explicitly peg themselves as a "Christian band", but you can tell that's the focus of their lyrics.

Note: Harmony and Darkwater are the same guys: Harmony is their power metal band and Darkwater is their prog metal band. Also, I put two songs in for Harmony because I think they are just incredible :worship:

Audiovision: Power Metal (Sweden) - featuring Christian Liljegren (Narnia, Golden Resurrection) on vocals

Keep The Fire Burning:

Darkwater: Progressive Metal (Sweden)

Breathe:

Harmony: Power metal (Sweden)

End of My Road:

Prevail:

Incrave: Melodic Metal (Sweden)

Scream in Silence:

Innerwish: Melodic Power Metal (Greece)

Burning Desires:

Ivory Moon: Symphonic (Italy)

In The Deep Forest:

Last edited by a moderator:
Darkwater and Harmony are the same exact people but with a different project. lol.
As for the lack of Sinbreed? You should add them!!!!

Here is how I see things as far as Ulterium:

1- Theocracy
2- Harmony
3- Sinbreed
4- Darkwater (Even if they are the same people as Harmony, doing different music!)
5- Innerwish
6- Incrave

I haven't listened to the rest to give a good opinion on them unfortunately.

Wait, Sinbreed is Christian? When I made this list (I actually made it a few weeks ago and finally posted it now), I must have seen something that made me think otherwise. That's the only reason I left them off (same reason I left off Grand Lux). Looks like I need to do a little better research...

Yes! Awesome thread.

That's kinda new to me that a band (Harmony/Darkwater) has two different names. *Shrugs* Amazing stuff all the way around though from them. They can have a third one for all I care, hahah.

All those bands got some jammin songs. I love finding/being pointed to new music. Especially christian music, cause that's pretty much all I listen to.

Emil also has Inner Wound records, check out Signum Regis! I first heard them on one of our 34538450983740 hour drives on the last tour

All respect = lost. Innerwish deserves to be higher up on the list.

They are talented, I'd have to agree... I just could never get into the guy's vocals? Maybe I should give them another chance? ;)

They definitely top Audiovision, which I neglected to mention. Not to offend anyone... but I can't stand Audiovision... O.K. so maybe one of their songs was ok... but it got old fast... and it was cheesy. I liked Narnia better. :yell:

No one kill me ;):zzz:

Anyone know if Seventh Wonder is a Christian Band? Wasn't sure. Sinbreed yea, check out Seventh Avenue .. also need some ReinXeed, and Golden Resurrection. Loving the Reinxeed stuff.

Just wanted to let you guys know that Darkwater is not a christian band, and their lyrics have nothing to do with faith. Many people mix them up with Harmony since it´s almost the same guys, but in Harmony it´s actually only Markus and Tobias that are Christians. The rest of the guys was just hired for the albums and live work. Not even sure if Markus is a believer anymore either since that´s not his status on his facebook page... Not that any of it matters anyway :)

Thanks a lot, SeaStorm. At present the only Christian metal band I regularly listen to is Theocracy, though I've listened several others, including some of the bands here. And I've always wondered the difference between Harmony and Darkwater...

By the way, has anyone heard of Flagship? That was another band Christian Liljegren formed, with only one, six-track album back in 2005 or so. I discovered them several months ago and they've really impressed me. Of all the bands I've heard fronted by Liljegren, it's probably my favorite.

Correcting my oversight in neglecting to add Sinbreed to the list: [Jan. 2015 edit: but see post #33 for updated info]

Sinbreed: Power (Germany)

Dust to Dust:

Last edited by a moderator:
Emil also has Inner Wound records, check out Signum Regis!

I just got Signum Regis (as well as Sinbreed) in the mail today. How can I not check out an album described as "The Eyes Of Power is a one of a kind conceptual metal album. The whole concept revolves around real historical events that defined the Roman – Persian relations during the late antiquity (224 – 630 AD) in the Middle East. With a clear aim to capture the atmosphere of that particular time period and to keep the language as authentic as possible, original written sources and scholar literature were carefully studied. On the album you can hear many oriental sounding riffs and chord progressions."

Giving it a first listen right now...