Other Christian Prog Bands?

Their first or second... It just went downhill...

BTW I have The Fall Of Man by Narnia... It can't seem to grow on me but I like it sort of...

I'm not a fan of HB, DivineFire, or Narnia....though out of the 3, Narnia offends me the least :p

I'm a fan of Harmony, Innerwish, and Sinbreed....though I wouldn't call ANY of them progressive, like most of the above mentioned bands, they are power metal.

What's the best Divinefire album? I heard "Christian symphonic metal", and I'm jumping all over that.

I would start with their first album "Glory Thy Name." I bought and listened to all their albums around the same time, and their first is probably the most memorable for me. Plus it has guest appearances by the singers of Veni Domine and Saviour Machine. :headbang: As a warning, this band uses some growling vocals, which I know are a problem for some people. There are probably the fewest occurrences on their first album.

The Great Gamble. Found out about these guys on the Christian Metal Realm. The album is a year old. Unbelievable. Hope to see more from them.

Sometimes I hear Dug Pinnick in the vox and bits of Symphony X in the music.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Great Gamble. Found out about these guys on the Christian Metal Realm. The album is a year old. Unbelievable. Hope to see more from them.

Sometimes I hear Dug Pinnick in the vox and bits of Symphony X in the music.
http://youtu.be/0SP8xANOOlY

This sounds fantastic. Any idea where to buy this? I've searched the usual suspects, Amazon, etc, but can't find The Great Gamble, Book 1 anywhere.

Anyone have a link? Thanks!

I absolutely love this band! The lyrics are almost taken right out of the Bible and if you want prog/power metal well this is it!

Here is the youtube of the guitarist playing along with some of the songs

OK.... so it is my first post. Hasn't anyone even looked at this band?

When you´re searching for christian Prog it´s always worth to check out Torman Maxt. I still love their first album "Just talking about the universe...so far" and listen to it quite often. The other albums are great too, but they repeat a bit too much in my opinion. But great albums to check out, anyway ! Here´s a song from their first one :

And the best thing : You can download all their albums from their website for free !!!

http://www.tormanmaxt.com/

I'm really in to power/progressive metal and I'm looking for some new stuff that's Christian. I do listen to bands like Dream Theater, Sonata Arctica, Shadow Gallery, great stuff like that just to name a few. I'm looking for great Christian bands like Theocracy, Darkwater and Harmony. I have gone to Metal Archives, I just don't feel like going thought all the stuff that I might not like. Any help would be awesome. :D

Have you looked at my post? I would think that you would be interested in this band as it fits the critera that you requested.

I'm really in to power/progressive metal and I'm looking for some new stuff that's Christian. I do listen to bands like Dream Theater, Sonata Arctica, Shadow Gallery, great stuff like that just to name a few. I'm looking for great Christian bands like Theocracy, Darkwater and Harmony. I have gone to Metal Archives, I just don't feel like going thought all the stuff that I might not like. Any help would be awesome. :D

PJ BOSTIC - sounds like Rush/Porcupine Tree/King's X.