Similar band suggestions?

an idiot? hahaha, nah, you're just defending your point of view, i've got no problem with that XD

well, you seem to be right about persuader, but dark empire's lyrics are more critical about actual situations, like war, people, whatever

I think it's because Persuader's lyrics are written by Carlsson, whilst DE's are written by the guitarist.
Man it still bugs me 'cause its the same guy that's singing it :rofl:
(Oh well, the music is fine, I might as well enjoy it :p)

I'm glad to "hear" that XD

hey, you know other bands?? like almah or manticora, i really liked their music, they're like power metal, but a little heavier XD

Hmm, I don't know about that kind of comparison but I must mention some of the better power metal bands like Aquaria and Hibria.
They're both fast melodic power metal but with great differences, try 'em both.

Machinae Supremacy is an alternative power metal band that combines their music with an SID chip to make video game sounds.
Personal favourite.

Into Eternity is a progressive death metal band, they play riffs that are borderline power-death, since their main genre is melodic death metal they use a lot of soft vocals that makes them different.

Oratorio is a nice Christian power metal band with brutal riffs and a vocalist that doesn't deal with high notes (much like Manticora, but Manticora is heavier).

Outworld is a band that's been in discussion in another topic on this forum, they play really heavy progressive metal and they're pro-atheism (which is the reason I started the discussion :p).

Try these and let me know :rofl:

oh, so you know into eternity too XD, i love their music(i hate their new CD though), i know outworld too

let me check the others you mentioned

All you mentioned sounds really good, but they didnt impress me as much as manticora or almah(damn, almah its good XD).......

I'll check'em more later though........

you know other prog metal bands??, that's more what i'm into XD

oh, thank you very much aletheus, i need to read more (i've just started to read the bible this year) XD

sorry Tom, i'll check them later

Now i was the one who sounded like an idiot.........

i've already checked them, they are more a progressive rock band, in my opinion, anyway, i've got no problem with that, their latest CD sounds really good, really.......groovy XD

I'm proud to say I know all of these bands!
I saw Revelation Project's "Marked" and I was blown away but that's about as everything I've heard of theirs.

Incrave is really incredible, I agree with Snert, a must try!

oh, i already know of incrave, and 7 days......

but, i have a problem with 7 days.........i cannot find their music, when i heard that markus sigfriedsson(harmony/darkwater) played the lead on 7 days i was like "i need that stuff" but...........oh well

let me check the other ones XD

It's a tragedy that this thread has made it this far without making mention of any of the following bands:

Some religious/spiritually aligned, some not, but all are amazing, and I can't imagine a Theocracy fan NOT liking any of the following:

In a "band name - album name" format:

Abydos - Self Titled
Altaria - Divinity
Andromeda - Extension Of The Wish
Aquaria - Uxaeterna
Asperity - The Final Demand
Athena - Twilight of Days
Beyond Twilight - Section X
Book of Reflections - Self Titled
Cellador - Enter Deception
Crystal Eyes - Confessions Of The Maker
Dark Moor - The Gates Of Oblivion
Dragonland - Astronomy
Dreamtale - Beyond Reality
Dungeon - One Step Beyond
Evil Masquerade - Welcome To The Show
Forgotten Tales - The Promise
Freedom Call - Crystal Empire
Heavenly - Virus
Lost Horizon - Awakening The World
Meduza - Upon The World
Opus Atlantica - Self Titled
Power Quest - Neverworld
Redemption - The Fullness Of Time
Richard Andersson - The Ultimate Andersson Collection
Royal Hunt - Paper Blood
Space Odyssey - Embrace The Galaxy
Sun Caged - Self Titled
Suspyre - The Silvery Image
Timeless Miracle - Into The Enchanted Chamber
Vision Divine - Stream Of Consciousness

And if you are willing to free your mind a bit, and try something different (but still amazing), try these:

Kind of a "futuristic/ sci-fi" sounding type of power/symphonic metal:
Luca Turilli - Prophet Of The Last Eclipse

Combine Power Metal, Traditional Metal, Prog, Symphonic metal and folk and celtic music - sing it in Spanish, and you get the following:
Mago De Oz - Gaia II

The bad news is that just about all of those bands do not hail from the USA, so if you live in the USA, most of the above CDs are imports and will cost you an arm and a leg unless you get "creative".

And that is why Theocracy is such an anomaly to me - bands of Theocracy's caliber in this genre of music are VERY far and few in between in the USA, however they are quite plentiful outside of the USA.

There is a veritable treasure trove of bands from these genres of music outside of the USA. And based on what I am hearing on the latest Theocracy CD, I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit to learn that the members of Theocracy are very much influenced and inspired by such bands.

Incrave is really incredible, I agree with Snert, a must try![/QUOTE]

I must agree here, totally!!!! I have loved INCRAVE since the first time I have heard them. The guys are very down-to-earth with a heart of gold. And they put out some awesome music! Emil, at Ulterium Records has a great goup of bands on his label, but Incrave is #1 for me!!

Those bands weren't mentioned since they're not Christian in nature so don't get offended :p

Oh not offended at all.

In several previous posts before mine, I saw the following bands mentioned (none of which are Christian bands (or "Christian in nature") as far as I am aware - someone please feel free to correct me if I am wrong):

Edguy
Avantasia
Sonata Arctica
Dream Theater
Symphony X
Rush
Fates Warning
Night Wish
Metallica
Iced Earth
Blind Guardian
Extreme
Kamelot

So I figured any band at this point was fair game, so I named a bunch of incredible bands that just about anyone who likes Theocracy would likely also enjoy.

:headbang:

Thanks for mentioning those.

I hope this doesn't turn into a "Christians critique every single band mentioned for Christian-nish" forum. I hate that about most Christian Band forums.

Me: "I love so & so".

Nitpicker: "You know so & so aren't Christian right?"

Me: *smacks head*