Other Christian Prog Bands?

Ah, ok. I am hoping they focus more on their Christian faith for the next album. My respect for bands with no real "Christianity" in their lyrics always waxes cold over time.

Some guys at the Christian Metal Realm were having problems downloading the Silent Lapse album as well. The vocalist for SL joined and told us the problem.

Thanks for the interest everybody. This wouldn't be the first time the file has been corrupted. It also happened when we first decided to make the free download available. Our webmaster/guitarist has been contacted, and I'll let you know as soon as we re-up the rar.

Thanks!

-Scott
Silent Lapse

It is pretty good, though. Maybe not something that I would have paid for soon, but good enough to listen to. Seed of Hope is my favorite track right now.

From Promise Land, for those interested.

Hey guys..

I know everyone here has busy schedules and my band is at the bottom of the totem poll (so-to-speak) lol.. but it would be awesome if some of you could make it out tonight. There are a lot of ppl here at CMR that I respect musically, in ministry and as people; and it would be cool for me personally if some of you could check it out. If you can’t make it, I understand but would really appreciate some prayer support.

So here’s the breakdown:

As you may know, Promise Land is returning to the scene with a new single 'Hiding Place' featuring our New lead vocalist.
Hiding Place will be publicly aired for the first time TONIGHT on Dale’s Metal Pulse Radio!

You can....
-CHAT AND LISTEN WITH THE BAND -
Chat with Promise Land during the entire Metal Pulse Radio show from 8-10pmEST.
Setup a Free quick and easy account at Untombed: www.blabberboard.net
After you sign-up go to the HOME page. You’ll see a Music Player AND a Chat room.
~Some of you may already have an account there…

-JUST TUNE-IN-
You can just tune-in without chatting.
Just go to Untombed Radio website: !http://untombed.com/?page_id=80
There’s a player on the right side. Just click ‘Play’ to listen.

Remember… the band will be in the chat room from 8-10pmEST. The Promise Land radio segment will begin at 9:30pm.

Thanks for taking time to read this.. Please pray that God’s will be done tonight.

I've always liked Menahem. And you can download the album for free too.

Do you have a link for where you can download this Menahem album for free? I googled, but couldn't find it. Thanks!

Oops. Nevermind. I saw you posted it. Thanks! Good band

I downloaded it also... And I must say... I regret my vocals criticism. It was VERY good.

Perhaps I'm too religious-minded but I hold bands that say they are Christian to a standard of Christianity. That's why I always bug the people in this group asking if a band is Christian, and not just say they are. Usually, I can google the lyrics and tell by that but sometimes I come up with nothing.

I can appreciate music that is what it claims to be, so I'm not that stringent in general - but my requirements for anything that bills itself as explicitly Christian music are definitely really high as well. Music doesn't have to be explicitly Christian to be God glorifying of course. But for many (if not most) of the artists in the music industry which claims that category - well frankly, I'd rather they *didn't* sing about Christian themes, since way too many of them barely know which end of a bible is up. (Particularly in the "pop" market). It doesn't help that most of the record labels don't either, and are really just secular companies shoveling whatever trash they think the market will bear rather than trying to find and encourage quality music and lyrics.

Great, solid, Christian lyrics like say, Absolution day, or from non-metal artists like Shai Linne or LeCrae are sadly really hard to come by. Finding the combination of quality music and lyrics by Christian artists in the progressive metal sphere is *really* rare, and certainly to be treasured.

Here's hoping the few we have now are the start of a new trend.

Savior Machine (I haven't heard much but I hear they are good)

I have, they are very good. Not sure if you would necessarily qualify them as progressive, but his vocals are some of the best I have ever heard, and he's a great guy to boot.

I forgot to post this then I first started this. This band Treasure Land has to be the best Christian prog band I ever heard. They only have like 4 songs on youtube. This has to be the best song by them, and it's my favorite. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Other bands who you can list here include:

Darkwater
Essence Of Sorrow
Fires Of Babylon
Floodline
Grimmark
Illuminadi
Incrave
Random Eyes
ReinXeed
Rivera Bomma
Venia

So guess what? I just got back from Voyage of the Dawn Treader, and it was fantastic.
So now I want to start listening to the band Narnia. Which album should I get first? I'm thinking either The Great Fall or Enter the Gate, but if another one is better I could change my mind. Yeah, I know I'm kind of late to the game. :loco:

So guess what? I just got back from Voyage of the Dawn Treader, and it was fantastic.
So now I want to start listening to the band Narnia. Which album should I get first? I'm thinking either The Great Fall or Enter the Gate, but if another one is better I could change my mind. Yeah, I know I'm kind of late to the game. :loco:

Decade of Confession would be best. Just a large compilation of their best.

Enter The Gate, Long Live The King, Course of a Generation, and Decade of Confessions.

The movie, btw, was indeed fantastic, although I haven't read any reviews or other's opinions. The only thing is, they should have used some Narnia music for the credits...