Other Christian bands on Ulterium Records

Found this thread by accident and wanted to inform you guys that InnerWish is going to release a new Album These days and it seems as it will be absolutely mindblowing.
And you should also check out Sunburst - Fragments of Creation released on Inner Wound (also run by Emil).

^^ Innerwish's latest is self titled, and it is quite good. The new lead singer gives the album a completely different feel then all their previous ones, but it rocks none the less. However, IMO they are not a "Christian" band. I have not heard anything from them that would indicate the are not "safe" to listen to (meaning they do not promote anti-Christian ideas), except for a couple of songs, such as Inner Strength from the Inner Strength album, which seem to suggest that we can find redemption within ourselves.

For the record, Darkwater isn't a Christian band. There is overlap in the members between Harmony and Darkwater, but in fact the keyboard player and vocalist of Darkwater left Harmony for the very reason that it was a Christian band and they didn't feel right standing behind a message they didn't believe in.

Interesting. I wish it didn't always come down to "this band is Christian, this one isn't." :(

Yeah, I have trouble believing God will smite you for listening to Within Temptation.
I don't think it's a matter of thinking God will smite you. For me, as a Christian, I just know that the pressures in the world wear me down. I specifically look for music that will encourage me to be what I want to be. (GIGO works for people as well as computers!) Others likely think similarly.

Reactions: rssllue and Aish!
Ulterium Records has some of the best Power Metal out there. My favorite band on the label is Diviner (who don't seem to have been mentioned yet). I asked the singer and he confirmed that they are Orthodox Christians.

What about Black Fate? I think they're new to Ulterium, but they've got an amazing sound!
The word I got was that the members were Christian, but their lyrics arent overtly Christian-themed.
Somebody else made the argument that if they were members of the Greek Orthodox church, they werent Christian. I'm not sure how that works, since I dont know enough about the Greek Orthodox church, but...

That is a really silly argument. Not only are the Orthodox Christians, the Orthodox Church is the earliest Church with apostolic succession going back to the Apostles.

Hey folks, there is another great band on the label since 2015. They are called Within Silence from Slovakia.
Standard melodic power metal. Two albums out and with an uplifting message.
Check em out: https://within-silence.com/

Last edited: