Buying a new USB interface.

Aug 16, 2011
www.youtube.com
Hey guys,
I'll be buying a new USB interface (I used to have a Line 6 UX2) pretty soon. I would like to hear some good recommendations. It would be better if the interface has at least 2 preamps, and MIDI in/out. I'm looking to get something around 300$. It will be used to record DI guitars and vocals.

-Diego.

I just moved to a Focusrite Saffire 6 from a UX2. It was a bit of a shit to set up, but that was my error. It's better imo. The headphone and monitor outs have less volume though.

I just moved to a Focusrite Saffire 6 from a UX2. It was a bit of a shit to set up, but that was my error. It's better imo. The headphone and monitor outs have less volume though.

I have the same model and am quite happy with mine as well. I would think that for the money, you're probably not going to find a better product.

Hey guys, does the interface has anything to do with my computer almost completly freezing while mixing? Sometimes I am using like 15 tracks with a least one plugin on each of them, and then my computer starts to freeze. Does the interface has anything to do with it, or is it all RAM/Processor?

From here I can't tell. Best is, open your project and your taskmanager and take a look at the ram and cpu usage.

low blocksize + old cpu = hickups ...
My newest interface is the Roland Quad-Capture.. I like it better than my previous M-Audio stuff :p

i think he means buffer size

Does it have to do anything with the audio interface? I'm thinking on getting a MOTU Microbook II, and I was wondering if it will be enough for mixing (from cubase) like 12-20 tracks with at least one pluging on each of them. I don't even know if the interface has anything to do with it, or is it just the computer?

One thing I've recently discovered is, if i have anything else data or power intensive running on my usbs I can't have my latency as low. Usb mice and keyboards are fine for example but fire up my external hd of dvd drive and it squeals. Without that I can drop it down to 4ms total latency, which is fucking amazing for me considering that best i could do before was 19-20.

buffersize and blocksize basically describes the same thing.. samples in each buffer and the resulting latency in ms..