buying a used 5150

No way! I'm not getting rid of it for a longggg time

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1950013/5150.jpg

No wall you have to do is the LED mod that I did :)

PA038312.JPG

That mod looks bad ass, i saw it in one of the other 5150 threads but im sure ill mod it in time, just something that will make it sound better. I just want to enjoy it first before i can mess it up. I want to get a decent cab first. Right now i have a celestion 60 in a piece of crap 1x12 cab i found in an alley

@guitarguru- I saw in the video that you said you removed the 2 power tubes cuz it tightens the low end. Is it that noticeable of difference?

@guitarguru- I saw in the video that you said you removed the 2 power tubes cuz it tightens the low end. Is it that noticeable of difference?

generally one would pull tubes to run the amp at 50w, which would reach tube saturation sooner than 100w. maybe running lower wattage would decrease headroom enough to not allow as much lows to come through.

I have actually just recently made the decision to run all my amps at 50w due to being able to save a shit ton of money on power tubes. I don't think many would notice a huge difference unless they need clean headroom.

Do i remove the 2 inner tubes or the 2 outer tubes? and i read that if your using an 8 ohm cab that your should have the amp set on 4 ohms, what if im running a 4 ohm cab?

Thanks for all the help already guys