Buying Guitars from Japan?

Dunno about the other edwards, but the Katakana is an upfront deposit with the rest paid upon delivery at least. So I had to mail them to order it.

HI,

Does anyone here have experience buying a guitar from Japan store?

I am looking into buying an Edwards Pink Sawtooth, however I am really concerned about having it break during shipping.

anyone advice or experiences to share?
I've bought other metal stuff from Japan. It's triple expensive but the quality is a king one. So the guitars must be.

Japanese are strict and disciplined, if you find something wrong at the order they will cut the head of the one who sent it. I ordered a few albums and other band merch from there, it delivered extra secured, with luxury package and all the bonus stuff like free magazines, stickers, backstage pass and everything. If you consider buying anything from Japan, you won't regret it.

Really wanted to get an Edwards Katakana but I don't think Musamaailma ships here so kinda boned. I actually played an ESP CS one in Kyoto last year and nearly bought it on the spot but decided not to for whatever reason. I think it was like 3700$ used. Been kicking myself in the ass about that lately.

Really wanted to get an Edwards Katakana but I don't think Musamaailma ships here so kinda boned. I actually played an ESP CS one in Kyoto last year and nearly bought it on the spot but decided not to for whatever reason. I think it was like 3700$ used. Been kicking myself in the ass about that lately.

That's really expensive, if you can afford to drop that on a guitar why not just fly to finland to get one and also make a trip out of it? Haha.

That's what I'm considering once pandemic is over.

ESP is heavily backordered on a lot of their models, so I wouldn't bank on flying to Finland and finding the perfect model there TBH. Just shoot them an email and ask, they're really nice people and the worst you can get is a confirmation that they can't ship there. I can't really think of a reason why they wouldn't though. I live in Norway which is technically outside of the European Union, this meant that they deducted the VAT from the order, which was nice.

Reactions: rabber_335i
That's really expensive, if you can afford to drop that on a guitar why not just fly to finland to get one and also make a trip out of it? Haha.

That's what I'm considering once pandemic is over.

I made better money back then. If I still did I would probably just have one made, but to that end, I would have myself something made to my specs.

They're Japanese, not Klingon rofl
But yes, never had an issue dealing with Japanese sellers.
Well I'm sharing experience, dude. It's up to you to decide. The quality there is absolutely great and if something come damaged or missing, the one on shift would be fired immediately, that's what I mean by "cut his head".