BWP title track. Best ever.

Stormwatch

Cock.
May 2, 2003
Fortress of Arrogance
I've heard a CUNT of a lot of great rock/metal songs over the past 15 years or so ("Time's Up" by Love/Hate, "Can't Hold Me Back" by AC/DC, "Kathaarian Life Code" by Darkthrone, "Stonewall" by Annihilator, "Cadillac Rock Box" by Anthrax, "Dechristianize" by Vital Remains etc etc) , but I think the title track from Blackwater Park is possibly the pinnacle of metal. It has at LEAST three classic riffs that a band like Status Quo would have made a fucking career out of; it has tasteful mellow moments; it has incredible guitar leads; there's Mikaels fucking inhuman growl halfway through the track (spine shivering? You bet!) and it's just pretty much a perfect metal song overall.
Opeth aren't one of my top 5 bands any more (what a difference a year makes!) - AC/DC, Jethro Tull and Vader are well ahead of them - but it has to be said, Mikael has the best voice in death metal.

BWP is not the best title track ever, in my opinion that would be "Black Sabbath", by Black Sabbath (duh. ahem.) on their album, get this? Black Sabbath!

but BWP *is* a great title track in its own right, but Deliverence is just as good if you ask me. Only 2 title tracks Opeth has done. Maybe they should do more

Well,i really like the titel and the song.The albume is one of my Opeth favs.It`s kind a easy to get into the material on Bwp.And almost every metal heads like this albume. :Spin:

well everyone has different opinions don't they, Although I agree that most of the mentioned titles tracks are excellent, especially 'Black Sabbath'

Oh my God. The BWP track makes me want to bludgeon babies with a croquet mallet. It's so heavy and intense. I think the whole song really does build towards the end and then culminate in the final lyric and the ultra heaviness of it all. Woohooo gimme some skulls to crack.

Yeah, MOP, Black Sabbath, Back In Black, Highway To Hell, Reign In Blood - there's some cracking title tracks right enough. But in recent years (past ten say) - BWP is the best for me. If Vader's "Litany" album had been called "Xeper", it might have been that but it wasn't!

Stormwatch said:
Yeah, MOP, Black Sabbath, Back In Black, Highway To Hell, Reign In Blood - there's some cracking title tracks right enough. But in recent years (past ten say) - BWP is the best for me. If Vader's "Litany" album had been called "Xeper", it might have been that but it wasn't!

the song is called raining blood, ass.

NineFeetUnderground said:
as long as imagine exists...all other choices fail...sorry guys. but sabbath was certainly a solid choice as well.

I just listened to "Black Sabbath" the other day, and its truly amazing just how often in the metal scene you hear songs clearly inspired from those blackened riffs, pained wailing, and dark lyrics... I love it. However I do agree with many choices presented here, but as a Sabbath fan myself, I think every metal listener should be required to check out their other title tracks of the Ozzy era: Paranoid (early thrash metal), and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (I'm thinking this had to have inspired alot of black metal bands...). But whatever I just figured I'd throw those out, seeing as I'm listening to them now heheh.

Inconium Guard said:
I just listened to "Black Sabbath" the other day, and its truly amazing just how often in the metal scene you hear songs clearly inspired from those blackened riffs, pained wailing, and dark lyrics... I love it. However I do agree with many choices presented here, but as a Sabbath fan myself, I think every metal listener should be required to check out their other title tracks of the Ozzy era: Paranoid (early thrash metal), and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (I'm thinking this had to have inspired alot of black metal bands...). But whatever I just figured I'd throw those out, seeing as I'm listening to them now heheh.
im well versed in the ways of sabbath...i do however recommend YOU check out Imagine, if youre still a bit disconcerned. ;)

NineFeetUnderground said:
im well versed in the ways of sabbath...i do however recommend YOU check out Imagine, if youre still a bit disconcerned. ;)

Haha I actually do love Imagine, the song at least...It's very well written, and quite emotional too.