byron Stroud in Fear factory

As I understood Fear Factory is (was?) dead, and now they are going to start up again without Dino. That is destined to fail since he is/was the driving force behind their best records to date, namely Soul of a new machine, Demanufacture and Obsolete. According to that site Byron is going to join the band on bass when Fear Factory's "new" lineup already contains a singer, bassist and drummer.

Arg_Hamster said:
Bryon is a band whore, just like Puffy Bordin...

Bahhhh !!! Why do you say that...Puffy is an awesome drummer, if he can play with a lot of people it doesn't mean he is a whore...The guy plays with Ozzy, Zakk Wylde, Jerry Cantrell...

Byron is a classic heavy metal bassist, he plays with mediator and he is very good in his own style. He plays with Dev, ZH, Just cause, and I think he will fit in FF on stage. And what's the problem if he wants to focus with FF ? I mean when you're a musician, the more you play with different people, better it is for your experience, it deosn't mean you're a whore or that you serve the music industry...It's not business, it's relationship

Good luck to Byron and all his projects, SYL or not...
:D

happy friggin camper said:
You mean like digimortal?
I mean, with the direction they were heading, a nu-metal album would be the next logical step. I love all that Fear Factory did, until Digimortal came and showed its ugly face. Soul of a new machine, Demanufacture and Obsolete still kicks major ass :)

Ivanhoe said:
I mean, with the direction they were heading, a nu-metal album would be the next logical step. I love all that Fear Factory did, until Digimortal came and showed its ugly face. Soul of a new machine, Demanufacture and Obsolete still kicks major ass :)

They could play Polka that it wouldn't change anything for me... :cool:
Seriously, Burton is an hilarious singer, I saw them two times in France and they never impressed me...Herrera is fucking fast on double pedal, but he never uses his toms, also where the groove when you play at the speed of light ? Demanufacture was ok, there were some good songs on Obsolete but the rest is shit, they never found a way to bring a new breathe to their music and they become boring as hell on Digimortal.

I'm more of a Demanufacture fan than an actual FF fan. If they could put out something that could even rival Demanufacture I'd be amazed, but I don't forsee that. I feel the band was just in the zone in 1995 and never could quite reclaim it.

Herrera's not good because he's versatile and all over his set. He's good because his feet are so fast, yet so controlled that he can use them in conjunction with some killer hi-hat snare work, and he and Dino used to be so tight that it sounded like a machine.

And Burton C. Bell is one of the best vocalists EVAR!