Call me slow...

ahjteam

Anssi Tenhunen
I just noticed that I've been having a TC Electronic D-Two (hardware tap delay unit) for the past 2 years now and just only now I thought that "can I make impulses out of it?"

I mean I have that one particular preset I always use and I would like to use it ITB too, so I could just make like different impulses of it with 50 different tempos... I could also share the impulses with you guys, but I just need to know is it possible to take an impulse from a delay and if I can, how can I do it? Is there a free software to do the deconvolving and where can I get the sinesweep?

ooo that sounds interesting, dont know myself how you would go about it myself, but im sure if its possible someone will chime in

hope it works, good luck

Don't most convolution verbs have a pre delay setting? Even if they don't you could put a delay right b4 the verb, set it totally wet, and use that to set you delay tempo. Then you would only need to make 1 impulse. . . I think.:err:

Don't most convolution verbs have a pre delay setting? Even if they don't you could put a delay right b4 the verb, set it totally wet, and use that to set you delay tempo. Then you would only need to make 1 impulse. . . I think.:err:

Delay is not reverb and the because of the delay feedback the delay must be made tempo specific

And how would nebula help me with making the impulse? and I thought it costs money?

You might have better responses if you titled your thread properly. Maybe something pertaining to the actual point of the thread such as "Hardware delay impulses?" or something similar.

ahjteam, yes its impossible. infact, i seen a tutorial video thing, for exactly that! the guy was using some program, so he'd only have to use 1 impulse for all tempo's, the program could do all sorts of magic..

it came up on a forum post, someone asked how to make impulses, and someone else (metaltastic ?) linked to the videos.

hope that helps..

Delay is not reverb and the because of the delay feedback the delay must be made tempo specific

And how would nebula help me with making the impulse? and I thought it costs money?

You can use Nebula/nat to sample hardware or software delay but at only one tempo (for example 127BPM). There is no time stretching real time algorithm now possible, maybe in future.

But if you wanna try you can use Nebula2/Nat2 light (the lighter version for 20 euro)